The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGML 2013-14

canuck2xtreme

While Halak was still at St. Louis i felt that i could have been competitive in the first round , as OTTS noted a goalie can sometimes steal a series.

Anyone can steal a series man.. if you're in the playoffs you have a chance.. guys like Bryce Salvador can have a crazy run like a few years ago and lead you to the cup! :lol:

Cannot believe the way the Canucks management have treated Lu over the last couple of years , to get respect you have to earn it and Lu had certainly done that ,just over a year after we had 2 of the best goalies in the NHL now we have a starter who has only played 25 NHL games , while i think Eddie has the potential to be a great starting goalie in the NHL it is still only potential and with the team playing as it is he might be losing more games than he wins , not good for his confidence.

I wonder how Lu and Timmy will work out , who has the compressor ? or should i say pump.

I did not want to post in the insanity of canucks talk , want to know what my fellow GM's think , you guys are the opinions i respect on this forum

Anyone can steal a series man.. if you're in the playoffs you have a chance.. guys like Bryce Salvador can have a crazy run like a few years ago and lead you to the cup! :lol:

I like your positivity mate but my chances in the Play-offs were slim before Halak was traded now it will take a miracle

I like your positivity mate but my chances in the Play-offs were slim before Halak was traded now it will take a miracle

Backes, Stoll, Plekanec, Kunitz, Girardi, Smith, Weise, Thompson, staal, girardi, orpik, Gunnarsson(hopefully not him), and megna are all playoff guys.. you have bodies man.. i wouldn't sell your team short!

Very glad Luongo got what he wanted.

Canucks org looks like a bit of a joke, trading Schneider and now Luongo.

Primal Optimist seems to have a steal in Lack however.

If you want to see a joke of an organization take a look at your Leafs.

God this board just can't cope with the Luongo traffic it seems. Takes me like 5 minutes to load a page here. Anyway glad to see Luongo finally got the outcome he wanted. As a Leafs fan I hope your rebuild doesn't take as long as ours did.

If you want to see a joke of an organization take a look at your Leafs.

Going to go ahead and take exception to this.

The Leafs are one of the NHL's historic franchises, an original 6 team and a huge part of NHL culture. We possess the largest fanbase in the entire league and have a net worth of over 1 billion dollars as estimated by Forbes magazine.

The current iteration of the Leafs is a young, goalscoring team which is likely to make the playoffs for the second consecutive year.

The Canucks on the other hand have absolutely manhandled one of the best players that will EVER play for them, choosing to announce he was replaced as the teams starter and then keeping him around to ride the bench for the entire shortened season. Following that year, Luongo's 'replacement' was summarily shipped off to the New Jersey Devils, and the Canucks org. had some bridges to repair. They went to Luongo and told him he was the go to guy next year, your elite starting goalie.

The Canucks struggles this year were not Luongo's fault, the goalscorers are almost entirely responsible for the current situation yet suddenly Luongo is told that he is no longer the teams "best chance to win" and is sat for 3 straight games in favour of a rookie with 25 games NHL experience, one of these games being the biggest of the year.

Some people seem to forget that these players are humans too, and have emotions. The emotional turmoil the Canucks org. put Luongo through was completely unnecessary to say the least.

One would guess that this entire debacle was orchestrated by M. Night Shyamalan.

Going to go ahead and take exception to this.

The Leafs are one of the NHL's historic franchises, an original 6 team and a huge part of NHL culture. We possess the largest fanbase in the entire league and have a net worth of over 1 billion dollars as estimated by Forbes magazine.

The current iteration of the Leafs is a young, goalscoring team which is likely to make the playoffs for the second consecutive year.

The Canucks on the other hand have absolutely manhandled one of the best players that will EVER play for them, choosing to announce he was replaced as the teams starter and then keeping him around to ride the bench for the entire shortened season. Following that year, Luongo's 'replacement' was summarily shipped off to the New Jersey Devils, and the Canucks org. had some bridges to repair. They went to Luongo and told him he was the go to guy next year, your elite starting goalie.

The Canucks struggles this year were not Luongo's fault, the goalscorers are almost entirely responsible for the current situation yet suddenly Luongo is told that he is no longer the teams "best chance to win" and is sat for 3 straight games in favour of a rookie with 25 games NHL experience, one of these games being the biggest of the year.

Some people seem to forget that these players are humans too, and have emotions. The emotional turmoil the Canucks org. put Luongo through was completely unnecessary to say the least.

One would guess that this entire debacle was orchestrated by M. Night Shyamalan.

I love historic franchises that pay 3rd liners $5.5M. The Leafs aren't as good as the standings show, if they weren't so dominant in the shootout they'd be right there tied with all the other teams battling, I bet you the Leafs will miss the playoffs, even if they do, they're bounced round one, they are bad defensively and even with the top line playing out of their minds they're barely ahead in the race.

You're so into all the crap the media stirs.. I mean sure luongo is going to be upset that he's not playing but Eddie Lack DID give us the better chance to win that game..

Lack has kept the other team to 0 or 1 GF in 11 of his 20 starts (and 9 of his last 16); Luongo has done that only 6 times in 42 starts.

I love Luongo as much as anyone else, and Luongo carried this franchise for a few years and was a model citizen, but with the way other guys were playing its tough not to give them the opportunity to play. Obviously there are bigger problems with the team, goaltending has never been one, I think everyone knows this, why it always ends up like this is really a crapty situation, i'm sure no parties involved are happy with how it ended.

Archived