The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGML 2013-14

canuck2xtreme

This is correct.

Any particular reason? I'm always open to ideas and suggestions to improve the game for next season.

i found a bunch of players in the past seasons who just had their NHL Debut in the Age of 25+ ..so Rookies like Nate Prosser, Stu Bickel , Brandon Bollig(not sure) and later i ve lostsome of them via waivers.. al lthose guys havent played 100 NHL Games at this PointsThis Season Michael Raffl is a good Example ..he turned into 25 in December...well i had the Luck that he turned into a solid Rosterplayer.so the chance is small that the Flyers assign him IRLbut if ...and i need a spot for ..mmhh .. chris teryy or mike hoffman ...i ´d lose Michael to the Waivers...May move up the Waiver eligble age to 26 or 27. i guess this contract rule is to complex and i guess all pro years , it doesnt matter if europe or north america, counts in this rule?! or a age/nhl games combined waiver rule like 25 years old/ 50 games played = waivers eligble ..26 / 40 games played = waiver eligible etc.wel lseems also complex

i found a bunch of players in the past seasons who just had their NHL Debut in the Age of 25+ ..so Rookies like Nate Prosser, Stu Bickel , Brandon Bollig(not sure) and later i ve lostsome of them via waivers.. al lthose guys havent played 100 NHL Games at this PointsThis Season Michael Raffl is a good Example ..he turned into 25 in December...well i had the Luck that he turned into a solid Rosterplayer.so the chance is small that the Flyers assign him IRLbut if ...and i need a spot for ..mmhh .. chris teryy or mike hoffman ...i ´d lose Michael to the Waivers...May move up the Waiver eligble age to 26 or 27. i guess this contract rule is to complex and i guess all pro years , it doesnt matter if europe or north america, counts in this rule?! or a age/nhl games combined waiver rule like 25 years old/ 50 games played = waivers eligble ..26 / 40 games played = waiver eligible etc.wel lseems also complex

Yeah, all pro years count and while it's not rocket science, it's a bit more complex than I'd like to go for a game like this. Makes it frustrating to keep track of 800+ players and their exact waivers status. By keeping it a bit more simple our format solves far more issues than it creates. I understand what you're saying in regards to late blooming players, but such is the risk with those players I guess.

Yeah, all pro years count and while it's not rocket science, it's a bit more complex than I'd like to go for a game like this. Makes it frustrating to keep track of 800+ players and their exact waivers status. By keeping it a bit more simple our format solves far more issues than it creates. I understand what you're saying in regards to late blooming players, but such is the risk with those players I guess.

I Know its all a bunch of work . The 25 years rule keeps it easy . I hope we will find a way or just keep. I allways honour your work. :)

Hey Curt.

I know the extension rule was changed - where we could talk to 1 player (for prelim talks) prior to the deadline, but it appears the OP isn't updated.

what was the timeframe again?

Thanks for the reminder! :lol: I'd completely forgot to update this. Will get to that now. Revised rules are as follows:

Just so everyone is aware, the new UFA/RFA re-signing rules are getting a bit of a tweak. I will adjust the CBA and post a revision notice when I get a chance, but in the meantime, here is the basic rundown of how it will work.

Feb.15th - Mar. 5th: Teams can have preliminary talks with 2 players of their choice. (Ballpark figures from both sides, no full discussions or negotiations)

Mar. 6th - End of season: Teams can begin full negotiations with 1 player, and hold preliminary discussions with an additional 2 players.

End of season - Free Agency: Teams may begin full negotiations with up to 6 players. Holding full negotiations does NOT mean the player will sign prior to free agency. (Qualifying offers for RFAs are allowed without limit but if the team wishes to hold full negotiations with them they do count against their 6 player limit.)

This adjustment is being made so that teams can get a feel for a few players contract expectations prior to the deadline and make more informed long term decisions for their clubs for deadline day.

Expect a number of pending free agents (both UFA and RFA) to begin hiring specific agents shortly.

CBA REVISION

CBA Article 4 Section 5 - EXTENSIONS has been revised.

4.5 – Extensions

Beginning on February 15, 2014, teams can hold preliminary discussions with 2 players of their choice (ballpark figures only, no full negotiations take place). Then, beginning on March 6, 2014, teams are permitted to enter formal negotiations with one player and hold preliminary discussions with an additional 2 players regarding their contract desires before the end of the season. After the regular season ends, teams may hold formal negotiations with up to 6 players, but remember only a handful may sign extensions. When negotiating an extension with a player that has played with your club for the entire season (beginning Oct. 1, 2013), teams may offer up to an 8 year contract term if desired.

Regardingd Free agency....if i Have 6 Full negotations and One Player signs. I can add a new 6th Player to Full negiotations? I Have around 10-12 players u want to Re-sign....mainly rfa's. or can i just Re-sign 6 Players?

I would assume you can choose up to 6 of your 10-12 players to negotiate with, and between 0 and 6 players will choose to sign with you. Meaning 4-6 players would be headed for free agency.

Is that right?

I would assume you can choose up to 6 of your 10-12 players to negotiate with, and between 0 and 6 players will choose to sign with you. Meaning 4-6 players would be headed for free agency.

Is that right?

Correct.

Choose the 6 wisely. Qualify all your RFA's.

Id rather see there be a limit put on UFAs and we can keep all of our RFA, just IMO.

Keep in mind that there is no limit to the number of RFA players you can qualify. Teams remain in full control of their restricted free agents as long as they qualify them. They would have the right to match any offer sheet that arises, and therefore teams are fully capable of retaining all of their RFAs should they choose to do so.

Having more RFAs waiting longer increases the potential for offer sheets, giving GMs one more viable route to try to improve their teams and play the game. It also lends the opportunity for the Arbitration option to be utilized by both teams and players. But in all those cases, the team that owns the rights to the player has control.

Keep in mind that there is no limit to the number of RFA players you can qualify. Teams remain in full control of their restricted free agents as long as they qualify them. They would have the right to match any offer sheet that arises, and therefore teams are fully capable of retaining all of their RFAs should they choose to do so.

Having more RFAs waiting longer increases the potential for offer sheets, giving GMs one more viable route to try to improve their teams and play the game. It also lends the opportunity for the Arbitration option to be utilized by both teams and players. But in all those cases, the team that owns the rights to the player has control.

Do we Have to offer those 110% or can we offer more if we qualify our rfa's? Further what Time span is the Limit? 1 year...2 ?

Id rather see there be a limit put on UFAs and we can keep all of our RFA, just IMO.

I agree with this.

I don't think having a certain limit is fair to teams that have a lot of free agents this year. A team with under 6 notable free agents will have no problem, but teams with more than 6 will be worse off.

If I could suggest a different alternative, perhaps we could make it that teams are allowed full negotiations with a certain proportion of their free agents? For example, teams are allowed full negotiations with 50% of their free agents?

That would put every team in the same boat with regards to negotiations.

Archived