The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The City of Calgary has declared a local state of emergency

Heretic

As a diehard Canucks fan living in Medicine Hat I am appalled at some of the ignorant hate filled posts of some of you. This will devastate our small city and has put Calgary in ruin. For goodness sake have some common decency when people lose their homes and lives.

Hey how are the Tigers doing? Trevor Linden played for the Tigers; ergo Alberta not all bad and deserving of destruction...sorry, best I can do. More seriously, I once lived not far from the Saddledome and can only imagine that whole neighborhood and the house I lived in are underwater. It is really unbelievable. The poster suggesting the situation is beneign is not grasping the seriousness of it all. I mean, they said the jumbotron may be damaged!!!

The City has declared a local state of emergency with mandatory evacuation orders for the following six communities along the Elbow River:

• Mission

• Elbow Park

• Stanley Park

• Roxboro

• Rideau

• Discovery Ridge

If you reside in one of these areas, please be sure to put safety above all else as you look after your families and belongings. Please advise your manager if you are impacted by the flooding and you need to leave or be away from work.

Further information can be found by visiting the City of Calgary’s website.

http://newsroom.calg...ion-246944.aspx

Calgary braces for flooding, orders communities evacuated:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/story/2013/06/20/calgary-rain-flood-canmore-state-of-emergency.html

This apparently is from inside the Saddledome. So eerie!!

— 90.3 AMP Radio (@ampcalgary)

I can't get the picture uploaded right. Maybe someone who knows more than me can post it.

Apparently this is a picture of the inside of the Saddledome. Creepy considering the seats I sat in this past season are probably underwater.

Archived