The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Behind The Bench w. John Tortorella

BedBeats™2.0

Guess what? I don't care what you think or say about me when you attack me.

Torts is not the type of leader that commands respect.

He intimidates with terror tactics and bullying and his demeanour is repulsive.

This guy is a gong show and any franchise that signs him up damages their organisation.

Every sports announcer on TSN that has commented on a possible Vancouver hire of Torts said they would not hire him.

Torts could get away with his crap in NY as the Rangers don't register on the sports hierarchy but in a market where hockey can be 'front page news' a Torts hire would a disaster waiting to unfold.

Guess what? I don't care what you think or say about me when you attack me.

This guy is a gong show and any franchise that signs him up damages their organisation.

Funny how all the guys that worked with him on the TSN panel(you know,players and GM's?) have stated they would not hire him.

If the Aqua's hire him I will judge them according to their hire.

Anybody can reach simple conclusions based on his public performances. I am entitled to say what I see and feel,just as you are.

I have seen plenty of video evidence to see how the man performs.

Funny how all the guys that worked with him on the TSN panel(you know,players and GM's?) have stated they would not hire him.

If the Aqua's hire him I will judge them according to their hire.

Anybody can reach simple conclusions based on his public performances. I am entitled to say what I see and feel,just as you are.

I have seen plenty of video evidence to see how the man performs.

The best part of this whole situation for a new coach, the AV haters want Torts because he is a completely differen't coach, the AV lovers don't want Torts because he doesn't remind them of AV. The AV haters will enjoy the next 5 years, while the AV lovers will be frustrated with the team for the next 5 years, how the tides have turned.

You realize, of course, that Tortorella knew the video camera was on him? Much different situation. Everyone behaves more like a modified choir boy when they know they're being observed.

CDCers seem to think the players are 10 years old. That kinda stuff doesn't work on reasonably intelligent adults who have multi-year guaranteed contracts in the multi-millions, and who've been in their share of locker room sessions with many coaches in many different scenarios and with many different styles over the years.

Archived