The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Larry Brooks writes interesting article about AV and Torts

Canouver

In my opinion the Canuck players got too content/lazy in the past couple of years and that is why we have had bad playoff results. That is why I think that bringing in someone like Torts could wake this team up. He would not be long term coach in my opinion, but rather a last effort to wake this team up and get them back to playoff success before the team starts declining in a few years.

I wonder if 'Brooksie' realizes how much Torts made him look the fool? I actually felt sorry for Torts after the Columbus trade. Sather absolutely gutted that team. NY NY have always gone after the big names no matter what the cost. Hadfield-Gilbert-Ratelle made a splash but were just that. The '94 CUP wouldn't have happened either if the NHL HO hadn't deemed it necessary.

No coach is going to be above criticism, especially when the team fails for two years when it counts.

AV is a smart guy and he hand picked going to a team that has enough top end offensive talent and a very good goalie to build his system around. Sound familiar? No one said the guy is stupid.

Brooksie has something negative to say about Tortorella? You don't say?

For one thing Brooks works for the New York Post which is a joke of a newspaper that often makes up stories because they have no credible contacts.

Secondly anything he says about Tortorella comes from a place of bias because Tortorella constantly made him look like a frightened turtle. The only reason people know his name is because of Torts.

I hope AV plays the same game with him and doesn't give him the time of day.

Archived