The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Larry Brooks writes interesting article about AV and Torts

Canouver

In my opinion the Canuck players got too content/lazy in the past couple of years and that is why we have had bad playoff results. That is why I think that bringing in someone like Torts could wake this team up. He would not be long term coach in my opinion, but rather a last effort to wake this team up and get them back to playoff success before the team starts declining in a few years.

So you enjoy when folks keep parroting each other with tired phrases?

That "country-club" tag is annoying and really does not even come close to describing the relationship between the coach and team.

And who the eff are you to suggest i cheer for another team?

Spend more time here and i may give a crap.

exactly, there was no real effort from all the big name players because they were not held accountable. Sedins, Bieksa, Kesler, Hamhuis, these guys better start putting in some real effort or they will end up like Brad Richards- watching the game from the press box. Can you imagine Daniel Sedin in the press box- that is what this team needs. No more guaranteed PP time, hell no more guarantee that you will dress

Tortorella can sit the entire team and it won't change a thing. The way this team is currently constructed, they are not good enough. I'm sorry to be the one to break it to you. MG needs to work some serious magic this offseason to get them back to championship calibre. And now that the conferences have re-arranged, it ain't going to be a cake walk into the playoffs.

Brooksie has something negative to say about Tortorella? You don't say?

For one thing Brooks works for the New York Post which is a joke of a newspaper that often makes up stories because they have no credible contacts.

Secondly anything he says about Tortorella comes from a place of bias because Tortorella constantly made him look like a frightened turtle. The only reason people know his name is because of Torts.

I hope AV plays the same game with him and doesn't give him the time of day.

We arn't big or intimidating enough. Sedins are now past their prime. We don't have deep enough scoring. We have revolving door bottom six. Our D, while not bad, is still a question mark in my opinion. Garrison, Hamhuis and Tanev are solid but beyond that, who knows(Although, I am really hoping the progress Corrado showed wasn't a one-off). Goaltending is the one aspect of our game that I have confidence in at this point. It's not coaching, or a fluke, or a conspiracy that we've been eliminated 1st round 2 years in a row. If anything, it's looking more and more like a fluke we made it to the finals in 2011(we almost lost first round then too ;) ).

In my opinion the Canuck players got too content/lazy in the past couple of years and that is why we have had bad playoff results. That is why I think that bringing in someone like Torts could wake this team up. He would not be long term coach in my opinion, but rather a last effort to wake this team up and get them back to playoff success before the team starts declining in a few years.

to summarize, the top 6 is suspect, there is no bottom six to speak of (compared to elite teams I mean, look at the thrid line of chicago or boston), and there is no stud on defence, just a bunch or #3 and #4. Still a coach that holds the players accountable is preferable.

Accountable, yes. "Tortorella accountable," I dunno. I'm willing to give it a shot but with the current makeup of the team, I'm thinking it will be a struggle to get into the playoffs...prove me wrong boys!!!

Why does there have to be a winner and loser in this swap? I'm a huge AV fan and I hope he enjoys success in NY, but I think that both teams needed a change. I'm excited to see how the team responds to Torts' style and system, I think he's definitely worth a shot.

Archived