10 replies to this topic

#1 Warhippy

Warhippy

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,477 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 08:19 PM

The "buyout Window" is slated to start 48 hours from now and ends 5PM ET on July 4th.

What are your thoughts on this idea for teams?

What are your thoughts on the Canucks on either buying out Ballard or even taking back a large contract and buying that out?

Who do you think will be the most shocking buyout in this "window"

Discussion time
CIaude Giroux Posted 27 June 2014 - 04:15 PM

He's out for 6 months (which will hinder his development) and he really needs that development. There's already worries that he won't translate to the NHL and he'll end up a huge ass bust.

#2 MikeyBoy44

MikeyBoy44

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,206 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 08:27 PM

Doubt ownership would allow someone coming over to be bought out unless it was as little possible. I wouldn't mind seeing one more year out of Ballard though. Also hoping torts likes luongo over Schneider so we can get some better young guys.
Posted Image

#3 Plum

Plum

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,949 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 08:44 PM

Eric Brewer,Malone would be my surprises.

Kevin Fiala will be a star.

#4 Drouin

Drouin

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,076 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 10:04 PM

Only way I see us buying someone out is if we get them in a trade. Doubt Booth or Ballard get bought out.

drouin_sig_by_motzaburger-d7ucejm.jpg

Sig by CheddaBurger

#5 Riviera82

Riviera82

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,707 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 03:13 AM

Luongo probably gets bought out if no one takes him off our hands.

#6 qwijibo

qwijibo

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,312 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 07:32 AM

Only way I see us buying someone out is if we get them in a trade. Doubt Booth or Ballard get bought out.

Booth CAN'T be bought out until he's cleared medically, which is very unlikely to happen during the buy-out window

#7 McMillan

McMillan

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,984 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 07:48 AM

Luongo probably gets bought out if no one takes him off our hands.

You need to get off the purple drank and realize theres not a person in the world who is going to give away $40+ million dollars to a pro athelete to play in another city. Luongo will be either waived and claimed or Schneider will be traded.

Posted Image

Thanks VC for the sig!

Demo was great, but I'm a two-way guy.

#8 Amish Rake Fighter

Amish Rake Fighter

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,228 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 08:15 AM

You need to get off the purple drank and realize theres not a person in the world who is going to give away $40+ million dollars to a pro athelete to play in another city. Luongo will be either waived and claimed or Schneider will be traded.

Posted Image

#9 Jägermeister

Jägermeister

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,224 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 11:20 AM

You need to get off the purple drank and realize theres not a person in the world who is going to give away $40+ million dollars to a pro athelete to play in another city.

Tell that to Ed Snider.

Jagermeister.jpg

#10 Burnsey

Burnsey

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,871 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 01:24 PM

With Booth still injured (I Think..) he can't be bought out. Only other player that could/would be considered is Ballard. I wouldn't mind keeping him, he can be a good d-man. With saying that we have too many d-men with $4M+ contracts, so someone has to go. I don't think Ballard will be bought out, I really do think he can be traded, even if it's for a late pick.

Teams that need d-men will hugely benefit from him, I mean he is a good size, can play physical, has a decent shot, and can start a rush - he has good speed. Those characteristics alone should get the ball rolling....

team-canada-jarome-iginla-photo.jpg

#11 SergioMomesso

SergioMomesso

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,889 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 06:47 PM

It will cost Aquallini 27 million to buy him out. According to Capgeek. That's way too much to have Luongo strut his stuff in another city. And with FA going through a divorce, no way his wife's lawyer lets FA get away with that.
[sharedmedia=core:attachments:5584]

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Discussion

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.