The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Chicago wins the cup >.<

On the bright side of all of this, the Canucks got swept by the team that lost to the team that lost to the team that won the cup, instead of the Canucks getting swept by the team that lost to the team that lost to the team that lost to the team that won the Cup.

The way I look at it, its better that a team that won the cup before and so recently won this years fake season then a team that has not won it ever or for a long time. This season was by no means a real season so I look at it as not a real cup. only two teams have won the not real cup, NJ and now Chicago. whopdefukindo. But I am glad it wasn't Boston, because they would think they won the cup in 2 of the last 3 seasons, and think they are that good even though this Cup and season was a ..... Fake

The way I look at it, its better that a team that won the cup before and so recently won this years fake season then a team that has not won it ever or for a long time. This season was by no means a real season so I look at it as not a real cup. only two teams have won the not real cup, NJ and now Chicago. whopdefukindo. But I am glad it wasn't Boston, because they would think they won the cup in 2 of the last 3 seasons, and think they are that good even though this Cup and season was a ..... Fake

Come on now, you're better than that. Saying this was a fake season is being just a bit sour. All 30 teams were at the same advantage or disadvantage regarding the shortened season. The regular season may have been only 48 games but the playoffs were the same length.

If Chicago's 16 wins in this years Cup Final are "fake" what does that say about Vancovuer's 0 wins? This Cup is just as real as any other and I'm a very proud and happy Blackhawks fan right now.

it means nothing, the MG spin is that we almost beat SJ, it was the bad calls. If we had beaten SJ, then we probably would have taken LA because we are better than SJ after all and that went 7 games. then of course, we are better then chicago so no problem there. so essentially, we almost made the SC final again this year, and again against the bruins. A couple of tweaks and we are cup favorites next year.

Let me put it this way, Chicago played a skilled puck possession game all season and all playoffs. They played within the rules, didn't run the goalies all series long, no cheap shot Ladd hits behind the play, and I am just happy for the game of hockey that skill and tenacity beat the shear will to do whatever it takes to win on the fringes of the rules of the game.

Archived