Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Warhippy

[Report] Riots/Vandalism in Chicago

Excuse me?

I think this is actually worth discussing. Don't like the subject matter shut the trap and refrain from commenting. We as fans of Vancouver suffered after idiots destroyed parts of our city, while media and fans of other teams tore us a new one.

Now it has happened somewhere else on a smaller scale, it is worth discussing.

So again, if you don't like it don't look and if you don't like the subject matter, grow up and don't comment.

If we had a police presence downtown for us, a riot would have been quashed or at least contained. I applaud the Chicago PD for responding quickly to the event.

We all know every fanbase has it's idiots, besides mix alcohol with jubilation (or depression in the case of the losing team) and it's bound to be a party night (or a wreck everything night)

Not as substantial as ours in 2011, of course, but they had the horseback riot squad out a lot quicker. Our latest riot could've been prevented with an appropiate police presence.

I don't know. Flipping cars and stomping on more with windows being smashed and things being stolen isn't normal in any city I've ever been in.

I think the fundamental difference is the police were on top of this in moments before it could get out of hand as opposed to us where for whatever reason they waited a while before deciding it was worth stepping in for

I don't know. Flipping cars and stomping on more with windows being smashed and things being stolen isn't normal in any city I've ever been in.

I think the fundamental difference is the police were on top of this in moments before it could get out of hand as opposed to us where for whatever reason they waited a while before deciding it was worth stepping in for

Not a lot in that video by comparison to the Vancouver riots or previous ones in Boston and other cities after wins/losses. Meh, hardly worth a thread to try and call them out.

Probably right. Two things though: They did it after a win. And 23 arrests were made. That's significant. If the cops weren't there in force, it would've ended up like our riot, imho.

The fail in Vancouver in 2011 was the lack of cops. They thought everything was hunky dory after the Olympics and cheaped out. Fail.

We lost in 94 and 11, But when we win a cup, i'd want the cops around for that too.

Probably right. Two things though: They did it after a win. And 23 arrests were made. That's significant. If the cops weren't there in force, it would've ended up like our riot, imho.

The fail in Vancouver in 2011 was the lack of cops. They thought everything was hunky dory after the Olympics and cheaped out. Fail.

We lost in 94 and 11, But when we win a cup, i'd want the cops around for that too.