The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

MG on Team 1040 at 10:45 am Today

CanucksFanMike

I don't know, trading down my not be the worst thing to do if we can get two picks early in the 30s.

Looking at the order though, there isn't a team that currently fits that bill. ( Sorry, wrong, Mtl at 34th and 36th)

I would flip our 24th for CBJ's 27th and 44th though. That would make sense for us.

Maybe with Dallas at 29th and 40th.

I get that you guys at the top of the thread are trying to be funny, but a lot of people rely on the posters who post recaps of what MG really says and we'd rather not sift through half a page of fake quotes, sometimes unable to distinguish the two.

:)

I think he is telemarketing the league.

MG: You want Lu?

Tallon: No thanks.

MG: You want LU?

Yzerman: No thanks.

Sakic: No thanks.

(Insert GM name): No thanks.

Give him credit. He realizes that the demand from other teams to trade up is higher than to trade down, so if his 24th is for sale he may start a small bidding war which may in the end favour us.

EDIT: I wish he would take the same approach with the goalie situation, since everyone wants Schneider...

My prediction: NHL GM's have colluded against Gillis and are refusing to trade for Luongo. Gillis maintains his optimistic arrogance, keeping his head burried in the sand, and refuses to buy Lu out missing the buyout deadline. Gillis puts Lu on waivers and no one touches him. Lu remains with the team come training camp and refuses to report. Canucks then try to void his contract in an attempt at a clean break for both parties. NHL steps in and argues CBA circumvention attempt. I don't think we're done yet folks!

Archived