The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

MG on Team 1040 at 10:45 am Today

CanucksFanMike

I like how one of the things Gillis wanted in a coach was someone who can deal with the media. Yet, Gillis provides probably the worst interviews of any GM in the league. He never provides any information that isn't already out there. I'm not saying this is a good/bad strategy, I just think that if you are going to preach these qualities in a coach, you should probably practice these qualities yourself.

If he is on waivers they know a buyout is coming. Why would any team take him for full pop when they can negotiate a better deal on July 5th? Luongo has made no secret he wants to go home. You don't think Tallon won't try for the ol' hometown discount?

I like how one of the things Gillis wanted in a coach was someone who can deal with the media. Yet, Gillis provides probably the worst interviews of any GM in the league. He never provides any information that isn't already out there. I'm not saying this is a good/bad strategy, I just think that if you are going to preach these qualities in a coach, you should probably practice these qualities yourself.

If he is put on waivers, isn't the rule that the Canucks pay for 1/2 of his salary, which would be approx $2.8 mill/yr based on his salary cap? You mean to tell me MG can't even get a team to take Lou if we ate up $1 -1.5 mill/yr on his contract? MG is going to get fleeced!

i dont mind trading down at all if this draft is as deep as they say it is. Just look at 2003 draft, by trading down from 24 to even lower first and high second round u can still get players like Perry, Weber, Bergeron, Eriksson.etc. As long as our scout can do a good job of scouting trading down could be a huge win for us

I don't know, trading down my not be the worst thing to do if we can get two picks early in the 30s.

Looking at the order though, there isn't a team that currently fits that bill. ( Sorry, wrong, Mtl at 34th and 36th)

I would flip our 24th for CBJ's 27th and 44th though. That would make sense for us.

Maybe with Dallas at 29th and 40th.

Archived