The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Corey Schneider is in play

And yet tomorrow will come and go, no Canucks goaltending trade will be made, the Canucks will have either gone off the board and picked a player that likely would have gone second round, or they will move the first for a combo of picks likely two seconds.

But the wonder and dreaming here is a lot of fun though.

This is just TO media playing games. Burke pushed through the "Luongo rule" in the new CBA to penalize MG, then Nonis tried to give him a crap deal for Lu. Then they ran an extended "goaltender controversy" story despite our 1B goalie coming in very handy in the playoffs. Now that the controversy is old news, they're trying to push a new angle in the hopes of getting one of our pieces for cheap/hurting MG's rep.

Stop buying what these garbage peddlers are selling, people. Stick by your team, it's players and it's management.

http://www.nhl.com/i...=nav-sts-career

even if luongo only plays 5 more years and gets only 50 wins a season he will still be in contention for the nhl's best goaltender ever. and i'm being conservative in my estimates here. luongo, wherever he plays will be in the top five goaltenders ever to play the game.

trading schnieder is the only sensible thing to do. trading luongo is as silly as trading the sedins. with torts here now and luongo tweeting that he would play for free just to have a front row seat at his press conf's is evidence enuf for me that lu would be happy to stay now that AV is gone (AV-the man who benched him when the losses where more the teams fault than his). i would way rather see us trade schnieder to any team for whatever we can get than trade a goalie like lu, who WILL be a hall of famer and has a clear shot at being at the top of the list before his career ends.

Why? He's actually not that small (5'11), has a tonne of upside, is amazing at shootouts, and is a center. Just watch. Gagner in a couple of years will be a 60-70 point player. Ever since he had that 8 point game against Chicago he's gained his confidence back. Confidence is so flippin key I don't even know where to begin. He had a really good year this year and he's still got room to grow.

EDIT: Actually if you take Gagner's points per game this year and apply it to an 82 game season, he would have been on pace for 64 points.

I actually had a feeling they'd be shopping Schneider ever since AV got fired. They'll be using AV as the excuse for the whole goalie fiasco during trade talks. With AV still here that wouldn't be an option and Luo would still be the one who has to go.

The thing is while he is younger if he can bring in assets that can help set the future up while keeping the team competitive then it might be worth it to bite the bullet especially since they have Lack / Ericksson / Cannata waiting in the wings that can be groomed while Luongo plays a few more seasons here then either is okay with being the backup / retires / bought out at that time

Cap friendly as in not having a contract that lasts until the end of time. If Schneider is a top 5 goalie in 2 years, he deserves whatever he gets. By that time, Luongo will be 36 and declining, while Schneider will be 29 and hitting the prime years of his career.

Archived