Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

- - - - -

Gillis has meeting in NYC at 1pm pacific time.

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
99 replies to this topic

#91 Truckin

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 06:23 PM

What if that room was hosting a clown convention?

clown college?

Well than I hope he doesnt have coulrophobia.

#92 TOMapleLaughs

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,553 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 06:46 PM

Lol Gillis trollin'

Media and fans takin' da bait.

#93 Tortorella's Rant

Tortorella's Rant

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,287 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 06:46 PM

And nothing will get done.
Posted Image

#94 Brick Tamland

Brick Tamland

Canucks First-Line

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,489 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 07:05 PM

What was actually said?
I Love Lamp...

#95 Mike Vanderhoek

Mike Vanderhoek

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,382 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 07:31 PM

I don't know what was said, but if he initiated talks with other GM's like he initiates interviews/pressers and didn't just " listen " to what they have to say i'd have to imagine a move would have been made already lol.....
Posted Image

#96 Brocklovich

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 643 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 08:03 PM

the media asks for media availability and he obliges to give an interview. Its not like they said "CANUCKS ANNOUNCEMENT AT 1PM" get a clue as to how the media industry works.

Funny you say that considering I finished BCITs broadcast communications program that is partnered up with the journalism program and most journalists said the opposite. The team & individuals have much more to do with availability to the media than what you suggest.

Perhaps you shouldn't speak out of your ass next time?

#97 Brocklovich

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 643 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 08:06 PM

That's the POLITE word for what you are

NOTHING is known through reports, Gillis is trying to satisfy the demand for information, and in the process he does his best to pump his own teams tires. If you had one ounce of critical thinking skill you'd realize that Gillis is AT LEAST TRYING to drum up interest in his squad so he can get an offer soon, while trying to get the hounding Vancouver media off his back

What Gillis has done is great: he said NOTHING, but in saying nothing he has totally justified speculation, and any press is good press.

Of course a cynic would argue that teams will just wait for the Canucks to get desperate, but that's a risk other teams have to be willing to take as well. In creating this media speculation, Gillis has suggested that there is interest in his players, so if another team is interested, maybe they are less likely to take risks.

Gillis is doing the only thing he can do: hype up the interest in his own players in hopes that someone makes a good offer for either Schneider or Luongo, (EDIT:) and frankly I couldn't care less which leaves at this point, just so long as they get the hell out of here soon

I guess the POLITE words for you are "Elitist Jerk"

Thanks for confirming that for us

#98 Gonz

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 715 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 11:20 PM

You guys are such clowns, its unbelievable

What do you expect Gillis to say? He cannot go into draft day and free agency appearing weak or like he NEEDS to make this or that move.

He needs to have as many windows of consideration open, and if he says one wrong thing, he could close one or a bunch of them

Gillis should stop doing pressers entirely and just work the phones and his staff.

Yes you are right but its so obvious Gillis is in a weak position lol

#99 D-Money

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,647 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 11:42 PM

What if that room was hosting a clown convention?

What if that "room" was actually a chat room, on Clowns Dot Com?

#100 4thLineGrinder

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,549 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 10:51 AM

What was actually said?

something about a "process"

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.