The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Hunter Shinkaruk | C/W

-Vintage Canuck-

58 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I don't trust JB on both Shonkaruk and Gaunce.  I think he will add them to Hamhuis and Vrbata.  I'm okay with it, providing the return is young and has elite potential.  

I think Gaunce is safe, but Shink has value and we already have Baer on the left side, who is a similar player. I'm just saying I think Benning wants bigger stronger guys, especially on the wings. There were rumours he was trying to trade him at the draft before. 

I think it would be a mistake to call him and Gaunce up this season. Maybe for a couple games near the end of the season but we shouldn't bring them into to this tire fire of a team right now.

41 minutes ago, Hutton Wink said:

Tatar, Pearson, Toffoli all spent 4 years in the AHL, and Nyquist 3.  Shinkaruk and Gaunce are just in their second -- what's the rush?

Pearson and Nyquist spent 2 seasons in the AHL, Toffoli spent one.

6 minutes ago, Gyllenhaal said:

I think it would be a mistake to call him and Gaunce up this season. Maybe for a couple games near the end of the season but we shouldn't bring them into to this tire fire of a team right now.

Pearson and Nyquist spent 2 seasons in the AHL, Toffoli spent one.

You're right, I looked at the wrong lines.  Tatar did four though.

39 minutes ago, messier's_elbow said:

I think Gaunce is safe, but Shink has value and we already have Baer on the left side, who is a similar player. I'm just saying I think Benning wants bigger stronger guys, especially on the wings. There were rumours he was trying to trade him at the draft before. 

It's good he didn't, because Shink is most likely worth more now than last summer.

7 minutes ago, sharbinder said:

This is the first trade where I don't support Benning, I don't see how he couldn't have just done Shinkaruk for Baertschi last year instead....

JB gave up a 2nd round pick last year for him. You'd rather he have given up the 24th overall pick from 2013? Is Baertschi THAT far advanced by comparison? Remember, we don't even know what Hunter can do at the NHL level yet. Too soon to move him. And, to CALGARY, no less!

2 minutes ago, Fakename70 said:

JB gave up a 2nd round pick last year for him. You'd rather he have given up the 24th overall pick from 2013? Is Baertschi THAT far advanced by comparison? Remember, we don't even know what Hunter can do at the NHL level yet. Too soon to move him. And, to CALGARY, no less!

I'm saying I'd rather have last years second, compares to Markus Granlund.

Archived