The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Hunter Shinkaruk | C/W

-Vintage Canuck-

Now tied for the goal scoring lead in the AHL with Frank the Tank Vatrano.

Last Canuck prospect to have 10 goals in 12 games to start a season?

Probably none haha

Shinkaruk did have 14 goals in 10 games back in his 49 goal WHL season not to start though.

Gaunce, Jensen, Vey, Shinkaruk, and Grenier have all been pretty solid offensively. Not the 2 way team we saw last year though. Was hoping Cassels would have a smoother transition to pro hockey, but it's looking like it might take him a while to get up to speed and get the physicality going.

Except the problem is we'd be filling one hole by creating another hole up front.

This team finally has some depth up front in it's pool, we can't afford to start sacrificing it.

If we're gonna package anyone, it would be Jensen. Might not be much interest at this point though.

Ideally, we'd package Jensen and get something noteworthy in return but that's just not gonna happen. He has little to no value.

It all comes down to where we're most dire atm and the answer to that is on D.

This is like me saying that I'd rather package Sbisa as opposed to Edler. Well no $&!#. But if we need something good then we gotta give up something good in return and the best way to get the best outcome in a trade is to sell high before the stock drops.

Shink will prob be the 1st top 6 call up and gaunce will prob remain 1st bottom 6 callup.  They might want to marinate him in the A though for a few months. Get him consistantly going and have him build up his confidence.  I think we could maybe see Shink in december if we have an opening.  (I would do the marinating method myself but will see.  He is looking real good)

If we are selling high, I wouldn't mind selling Rodin for a defence prospect. I think we could at least get someone similar to a clendenning or Corrado value. 

Archived