The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Hunter Shinkaruk | C/W

-Vintage Canuck-

droooool. gillis went up a notch in my book. that puts him at notch one.

shinkaruk was an absolute steal.

horvat looks solid.

gillis really boosted our prospect pool while resolving our cap issue and half solving the goalie situation.

This is a high-skill offensive prospect that can play center/wing. I like this pick, and would like to personally thank Jay Feaster for another off-the-board pick before us.

Thanks Jay!

feaster did more than mg for the canucks in the draft.

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I honestly would've been glad if we picked him at 9. Such a stud!

I love these picks, hate the trade though..

Can't have #9 overall without the trade though :P

Hopefully in the next couple of years we can laugh at how Feaster took Poirier who becomes like a Robert Nilsson and leaves us with the Zach Parise in Shinkaruk!

(Heck, Poirier's review sounds like Nilsson's: talented, gritty, makes plays but does he have the consistency? http://www.hockeysfuture.com/prospects/robert_nilsson/)

Doesn't seem to fit the Canucks drafting profile of trying to draft big punishing guys but you can't pass up a guy like this either with the 24th overall pick.

I can see us nurturing him and making him a very valuable trade option in a few years for a big guy. CoHo - Kassian type deal. This guy can be either the next Patrick Kane or Mason Raymond.

A lot of teams passed on him, just like they did with Schroeder in 2009. Four years later, and we are still not sold on Schroeder as a legit NHL top 6 forward. I hope Shinkaruk's development path is better than Schroeder's.

A lot of teams passed on him, just like they did with Schroeder in 2009. Four years later, and we are still not sold on Schroeder as a legit NHL top 6 forward. I hope Shinkaruk's development path is better than Schroeder's.

He didn't get passed because of his size, I don't know why people are thinking that. He's 5'11"

Good players like Hartman and Klimchuk are the same size and were drafted after. Max Domi was drafted 12th overall and is 5'9".

He was passed because other teams were looking for different things. Good players can drop to the late 20th picks. Kesler, Perry, and Richards didn't get passed because of their size. Teams just didn't value them as much as other players, and that was their loss.

Archived