The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Hunter Shinkaruk | C/W

-Vintage Canuck-

I really hope next season has a youth revolution (Sinkaruk, Horvat, Gaunce, and Jensen making the team).

Hunter is the dynamic scorer the Canucks have not had in forever, I just hope he can develop to his potential.

Yeah me too.

Trade Booth

Sedin-Sedin-Kassian

Shinkaruk-Kesler-Burrows

Jensen-Horvat-Hansen

Higgins-Gaunce-Richardson/Santorelli

Deep lineup if they all make it.

I really hope next season has a youth revolution (Sinkaruk, Horvat, Gaunce, and Jensen making the team).

Hunter is the dynamic scorer the Canucks have not had in forever, I just hope he can develop to his potential.

Yea not like that's what Management has had planned the second we traded Schneider or anything.

Love the way Shink snipes, always has his head up looking for his spot to shoot.

I think he will be the target shooting champ at skills comps for a while.... This guy is greasy as they come, I love how he sets up screens then lets off a seeing-eye puck into a picked corner....

I been keeping track of how fast he will climb to WHL scoring race..... This morning he sits #74 with 6pts....2pts vaults him to 40's....... Soon I expect him to be overall leader.

I think he will be the target shooting champ at skills comps for a while.... This guy is greasy as they come, I love how he sets up screens then lets off a seeing-eye puck into a picked corner....

I been keeping track of how fast he will climb to WHL scoring race..... This morning he sits #74 with 6pts....2pts vaults him to 40's....... Soon I expect him to be overall leader.

He's gonna push hard so he can get called up at the end of the whl season

I think all three young rookies will get called up for the Canucks playoff run but Bo and Hunter will actually get some playing time.

Both those two are dynamic players who could help us a bunch by then.

Horvat's gonna be playing in the Memorial Cup... unless the Canucks make the finals we won't see him this year. And who knows, Shinkaruk could be there too, Medicine Hat's got a real shot at the WHL title. Even Gaunce and Subban, if they get traded to a contending OHL team, have a chance of being there. It'd be pretty great to see a bunch of our prospects go at it even if we can't call 'em up for the playoffs.

Jensen sucks

Yeah, let's write him off at 20yrs old. Marcus Naslund didn't look all that great at that age either. Zetterberg and Gradin were still playing in Sweden at 20. Lots of Euro players struggle with the smaller ice and more physical game when the get to NA.

What's it like being able to make blind statements and act certain in everything you say whether it's wrong or not?

Just responding to

Trade Booth

Literally only one capable on the team to cut to the net, nope lets trade him.

And Jensen is softer than his J

Just responding to

Literally only one capable on the team to cut to the net, nope lets trade him.

And Jensen is softer than his J

He did look pretty soft and unmotivated in pre season but hopefully he picks it up. He's got the skill to be a top 6 forward.

Shinkaruk is going to score a lot of goals in the NHL, kid is a snipe show.

Line-up I want to see next year

Sedin-Sedin-Shinkaruk (can you imagine the Sedins feeding this kid)

Kesler-Horvat-Burrows (Grit, 2 way game and can score. Time to put Kes on the wing and have Horvat feed him like Sundin did)

Kassian-Schroeder/Gaunce-Hansen

Richardson-Santorelli-Higgins

Edler-Garrison

Hamhuis-Corrado

Bieksa-Tanev

Line-up I want to see next year

Sedin-Sedin-Shinkaruk (can you imagine the Sedins feeding this kid)

Kesler-Horvat-Burrows (Grit, 2 way game and can score. Time to put Kes on the wing and have Horvat feed him like Sundin did)

Kassian-Schroeder/Gaunce-Hansen

Richardson-Santorelli-Higgins

Edler-Garrison

Hamhuis-Corrado

Bieksa-Tanev

I don't see Shinkaruk as a fit with the Sedins. He's more about speed and driving down the wings where the Sedins like to setup. There's more evidence to suggest someone like Jensen would get a shot there if Kassian doesn't work out, and Shinkaruk seems more of a fit with Kesler if they can get some playmaking from a linemate like Burrows, Schroeder or even maybe Gaunce.

I don't see Shinkaruk as a fit with the Sedins. He's more about speed and driving down the wings where the Sedins like to setup. There's more evidence to suggest someone like Jensen would get a shot there if Kassian doesn't work out, and Shinkaruk seems more of a fit with Kesler if they can get some playmaking from a linemate like Burrows, Schroeder or even maybe Gaunce.

Shinkaruk is a finisher as well as a decent playmaker, I could see him working as well as Santorelli has with the Sedins.

By next year he may be better than Santo's.

That's not to say the second line wouldn't be a better fit for him.

Archived