1557 replies to this topic

#781 fanfor42

fanfor42

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 07 December 2013 - 09:10 PM

He's not playing again tonight? What's up?

#782 Canvoucer Vanuck

Canvoucer Vanuck

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,625 posts

Posted 07 December 2013 - 09:26 PM

Hip and shoulder injury. He said it should be 100% by Christmas time which is in time for the World Juniors.

http://www.calgarysu...s-world-juniors

I'm really glad we didn't rush him into the NHL. He's not physically ready for it.

Thanks for that. It just sucks that he's had to play through them to try and make the team. Hope it doesn't hurt him long-term.

Edited by Canvoucer Vanuck, 07 December 2013 - 09:26 PM.

RIP LB28, RR37 and PD38... Forever a Canuck

#783 Go Go Canucks Go

Go Go Canucks Go

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 08:53 AM

This was posted by a Medicine Hats fan on another forum

Update from Medicine Hat

That footwork you see is not new in the whl, he does it to try and freeze the defender then take off wide. Teams are being told off the rush shinkaruk only goes wide, and just wait for his burst of speed to the outside and he is being shut down 98% of the time. The refs now know him and are used to his embellishment and aren't making calls in his favor anymore.

He has always been faster than the opposition, but being in the limelight he has been targeted and focused on, and he is unable to create some extra room for himself. He has always had trouble creating space one on one against a good defenseman because he is a pure north/south player. He hasn't learned the lateral offensive game, to get a defenseman off balance, and just rushing to the boards to get around the defenseman faster. He hasn't scored a goal in a month.

When the camera is rolling he gives it his absolute all. He was a different player on TV at the Russia Canada series than he is playing for Medicine Hat.

One thing I don't like about him this season is that he is not working on himself to improve his game. He is complaining to the ref, taking retaliatory penalties, and cheating on his defensive game to get more offensive opportunities. It seems like he has stopped trying. I hope this Team Canada thing kick-starts him back into gear.

Look at all those red flags... He didn't take getting sent back down to junior too well. Thank god Torts makes sure there isn't any more diving on our team..

Total opposite of what Horvat is doing this year.
Aaron Rome 1 goal in 114 games and oh yeah 10 assists. Thats 11 points people..that's a decent .0964 points per game average. He's a power play expert at turn overs and wide shots. He's a depth defenceman for anyone looking to win the stanley cup. A key here is he is very slow and takes timely penalties because he is an expert at head games. Clearly the most underrated underachiever of all time. He also has a mean 5 oclock shadow. MMMMM Aaron Rome goes down smooth like an unshaked can of Guinness that has been in the garage for awhile. MMM Aaron Rome put him on your powerplay, let him kill penalties, a stud...a steed... half cro magnon man part time bowling champion but supremely talented Defenceman. Rome for the Norris! I think Rome was solid like Rory Fitzpatrick or Eric Weinrich...Rome could use a yellow visor for that matter ...really give him the edge

#784 Niloc009

Niloc009

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,735 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 01:35 PM

POPULAR

When will you realize that everyone has stopped caring about your opinion of Shinkaruk? Get over it, nobody wants to hear it. The kid has potential. He's taken a step back this year, be it because of injury or something else, that's obvious. What you seem to want to prove is that he's a teenage bust. Except the fact is that nobody can call him a bust until he's fully developed.

So get the hell out of here with your broken record, everyone's heard it enough.

Posted Image

STHS Hockey League - Brooklyn Beavers GM

#785 people please

people please

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,052 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 04:14 PM

POPULAR

Update from Medicine Hat

That footwork you see is not new in the whl, he does it to try and freeze the defender then take off wide. Teams are being told off the rush shinkaruk only goes wide, and just wait for his burst of speed to the outside and he is being shut down 98% of the time. The refs now know him and are used to his embellishment and aren't making calls in his favor anymore.

He has always been faster than the opposition, but being in the limelight he has been targeted and focused on, and he is unable to create some extra room for himself. He has always had trouble creating space one on one against a good defenseman because he is a pure north/south player. He hasn't learned the lateral offensive game, to get a defenseman off balance, and just rushing to the boards to get around the defenseman faster. He hasn't scored a goal in a month.

When the camera is rolling he gives it his absolute all. He was a different player on TV at the Russia Canada series than he is playing for Medicine Hat.

One thing I don't like about him this season is that he is not working on himself to improve his game. He is complaining to the ref, taking retaliatory penalties, and cheating on his defensive game to get more offensive opportunities. It seems like he has stopped trying. I hope this Team Canada thing kick-starts him back into gear.

Look at all those red flags... He didn't take getting sent back down to junior too well. Thank god Torts makes sure there isn't any more diving on our team..

Crosby does that stuff to and half the NHL embellishes so it's all good.

Edited by debluvscanucks, 11 December 2013 - 06:56 AM.

Posted ImageCredit to the Vintage Canuck

#786 higgyfan

higgyfan

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,552 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 05:02 PM

Man, that's great news! The cameras will be rolling all the time when he plays for Van. Thanks for the tip! :towel:

#787 BoKnows53

BoKnows53

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 609 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 05:39 PM

Players who love the spotlight will hate it in Vancouver.

MG out GM'ed again!

#788 Amish Rake Fighter

Amish Rake Fighter

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,427 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 05:40 PM

There's a Hockey Canada guy(Scott Salmon?) on TEAM1040 right now. Sounds like Shinkaruk got the spot over Domi. Right now the top 2 left wingers on the Junior team are Drouin and Shinkaruk.

#789 Derp...

Derp...

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,983 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 06:28 PM

The thing with professional sports is that if you don't cheat you don't win. Every game Shink plays he's going to get slashed and interfered with and cross checked, just like any other pesky player with some skill.

If he's not cheating a bit he's not trying hard enough because everyone else is cheating. That's just the truth.

Hockey in general is about walking the line of how far one can go before getting called for it. Everyday people cross the line in different ways penalties, suspensions, goalie interference like in the LA MTL game today. Brutal miss call that gives LA another goal and throws Price out of whack.

If you don't like the way the game is played don't watch the game.

It doesn't matter how you get the win, it's that you win, case and point Bruins.
linden Vey Sig

#790 honey badger36

honey badger36

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,499 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 11:57 PM

Update from Medicine Hat

whats with all the Shin bashing. He's a young kid. You can't really rag on him for sticking to his guns driving north south on guys it got him drafted in the first round. He's had shoulder and hip injury so Ill excuse him if hes not splitting the d and driving through defenders the way he has before. I'm not harrolding him as the next Kane and I'm not going to believe that because he's had a rough patch in his development that he's a bust. I have seen him play only in the young stars tournament, pre season, the subway series and occasionally listen to kelowna rockets games on the radio when they play teams that interest me like medicine hat. From everything I have seen and heard Shink was the bpa at the spot he was drafted. I can't wait to see how he develops.

#791 Tom Sestito

Tom Sestito

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,926 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 12:26 AM

Meh, I can kinda understand some of the Shink bashing.

I don't understand how people think he's a worse player though. He's a god damn good player still. I saw him in Vanc post-injury, but I guess he gave it his all due to Smyl being in the building (I think) and some of us going to see him. He had 3 great set ups/attempts.

He always wants the puck though. I'm starting to see a bit of Jeff Skinner in him.

not sure if good thing to you guys
Posted Image
Thank you VC!

#792 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,550 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 12:40 AM

People keep forgetting he was picked late in the 1st round, just like Jensen and Gaunce - but also like Kesler. He'll have some ups and downs, but he can score goals so we'll just want him to keep developing and work past injuries and slumps. If anyone was expecting him to be on par with Horvat (or other high picks like perhaps Nichushkin) then they were always going to be disappointed.

c3c9e9.pnganimalhousesig.jpg

Tanev is going to EDM. I can put my life savings down on it

#793 DontMessMe

DontMessMe

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 12:52 AM

He was projected to go like 15th by TSN.

By Central scouting it was 5th which i think its highly inaccurate xD

#794 Amish Rake Fighter

Amish Rake Fighter

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,427 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 05:35 AM

The only people bashing Shinkaruk are a dimwitted troll who should have been banned ages ago and some clown who lied about watching a bunch of his games.

#795 Salmonberries

Salmonberries

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,561 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 06:24 AM

Jeezus this guy hasn't had a point in weeks. Is he not playing at all? What waste of a year.

th_1435408476_c985b0ec75_zps489544ad.jpg

#796 Gooseberries

Gooseberries

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,399 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 06:29 AM

Jeezus this guy hasn't had a point in weeks. Is he not playing at all? What waste of a year.

uhmmmmmm. no. hes not playing. hes injured. is that okay? I think Crosby went on a 1 year pointless streak if I recall correctly...

Edited by Gooseberries, 11 December 2013 - 06:36 AM.

20u7nh3.jpg

Credit to Vintage Canuck

The Sig lord

#797 Salmonberries

Salmonberries

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,561 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 06:30 AM

uhmmmmmm. no. hes not playing. hes injured. is that okay? I think Crosby went on a 10th year pointless streak if I recall correctly...

Of course it's okay, that's what I'm asking. Is my asking what's wrong not okay?

th_1435408476_c985b0ec75_zps489544ad.jpg

#798 Gooseberries

Gooseberries

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,399 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 06:37 AM

Of course it's okay, that's what I'm asking. Is my asking what's wrong not okay?

sick of all the negativity around here. its like the worlds ending tomorrow

every

????

day

20u7nh3.jpg

Credit to Vintage Canuck

The Sig lord

#799 Down by the River

Down by the River

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,400 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 11:18 AM

Update from Medicine Hat

If you're like me and though that maybe this troll wrote this up himself, here's the link to the original post:

http://hfboards.hock....php?p=75899969

Edited by Down by the River, 11 December 2013 - 11:20 AM.

OMG we could've had McKeown!

I think Virtanen was a terrible pick given that he's out for 6 months which will hinder his development. You don't pick someone at #6 under that circumstance, along with the fact that he was given a 3/5 IQ (aka he's dumb). 

God dammit Benning. WHY VIRTANEN? Terrible move.

Down by the River - Crosby, Stills, Nash, and Young.

#800 Drakrami

Drakrami

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 458 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 11:22 AM

Update from Medicine Hat

Yesterday, I saw some pigs swim down the river. You better believe me, it's the freaking internet.

#801 Ossi Vaananen

Ossi Vaananen

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,821 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 11:22 AM

Update from Medicine Hat

Better get used to that knuckle drag celebration, you're going to see it a lot.

2d7ye0p.jpg

Credit to -Vintage Canuck-

#802 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,020 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 11:30 AM

POPULAR

Yesterday, I saw some pigs swim down the river. You better believe me, it's the freaking internet.

are you trying to insinuate that pigs can't swim?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EVcKglSuGe8

Edited by avelanch, 11 December 2013 - 11:31 AM.

#803 shadowgoon

shadowgoon

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 695 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 11:32 AM

Should have traded up for Émile Poirier.

Jokes aside, this kid's going to be just fine. Every prospect has growing pains and the indictments against his character/ability to play the game are opinions of non hockey professionals.

We're all bush league amateur at determining talent and skill, and very easy to say whom should do what. If we were professionals, we wouldn't be on forums talking about it, we'd be doing it.

As a professional in my industry, I don't go to other professionals and dictate how they should do their jobs; somehow people seem to think that the internet gives them license to spew rhetoric and claim opinion as fact, when all they're doing is speaking from a soapbox upon deaf ears.

</rant>

#804 Fred65

Fred65

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,025 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 12:15 PM

Jokes aside, this kid's going to be just fine. Every prospect has growing pains and the indictments against his character/ability to play the game are opinions of non hockey professionals.

We're all bush league amateur at determining talent and skill, and very easy to say whom should do what. If we were professionals, we wouldn't be on forums talking about it, we'd be doing it.

As a professional in my industry, I don't go to other professionals and dictate how they should do their jobs; somehow people seem to think that the internet gives them license to spew rhetoric and claim opinion as fact, when all they're doing is speaking from a soapbox upon deaf ears.

</rant>

I gotta sayI agree with this. I don't know if it's age or naive but if posters would just stop and think before they head to the keyboard.

As Mark Twain said ( I think it was Twain ) better to let people think your stupid than open your mouth and confirm it

#805 CRAZY_4_NAZZY

CRAZY_4_NAZZY

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,752 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 12:29 PM

Update from Medicine Hat

Just stop.

Edited by CRAZY_4_NAZZY, 11 December 2013 - 12:34 PM.

2moy3iq.png

#806 Derp...

Derp...

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,983 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 05:25 PM

</rant>

<!-- Welcome to CDC... -->
linden Vey Sig

#807 J.R.

J.R.

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,061 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 05:43 PM

I gotta sayI agree with this. I don't know if it's age or naive but if posters would just stop and think before they head to the keyboard.

As Mark Twain said ( I think it was Twain ) better to let people think your stupid than open your mouth and confirm it

"It is better to have people think you a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt."

"Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you."
- Neil deGrasse Tyson

jg4428.jpg2s9up7p.jpg

#808 MoneypuckOverlord

MoneypuckOverlord

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,360 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 02:02 AM

</rant>

OH gosh, I'm so glad Shinkaruk landed with us. Porier is a safer pick, but Shinkaruk has top line potentials.

Players Nikolaj Ehlers have been compared too by the fan base of the Vancouver Canucks.

1 Pavel Bure

2 Markus Naslund

3 Nathan Mackkinon

4 Jonathan Drouin.

5 Jonathan Tavares

http://bleacherrepor...d-top-prospects

combine results.  Ehlers 5'11 162 lbs of solid rock.  

#809 Drakrami

Drakrami

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 458 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 11:33 AM

are you trying to insinuate that pigs can't swim?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EVcKglSuGe8

lol! wtf...

#810 Pavelinden

Pavelinden

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 11:46 AM

Better get used to that knuckle drag celebration, you're going to see it a lot.

Just an explosive stud, can't wait to see this kid in the WJ
After that lighting it up for the Canucks.
Reminds me a lot of Skinner for sure.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.