The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Hunter Shinkaruk | C/W

-Vintage Canuck-

People really think Hudon is a lock to make the team? Far from it.

Yes he plays a physical role, but Shinkaruk is superior to him offensively and has just as good of a two way game.

Don't forget that the World Juniors is all about politics too. Gotta represent each part of the country. Shinakruk being from Calgary and being a WHLer should give him a leg up.

Mantha, Girard, Gauthier, Fucale, and Drouin are all Quebecers. Can't see Sutter putting any more Frenchies than that. He invited 11 WHLers for a reason. Those are the players he likes and wants on his team.

When Sutter was winning Gold every year the WHL dominated his picks. I honestly think the East really had their noses out of joint so they took the team over. Never won Gold once! Sutter comes back in to win the day. Tin foil aside Sutter is bound to pick players he sees all the time if skills are comparable.

People really think Hudon is a lock to make the team? Far from it.

Yes he plays a physical role, but Shinkaruk is superior to him offensively and has just as good of a two way game.

Don't forget that the World Juniors is all about politics too. Gotta represent each part of the country. Shinakruk being from Calgary and being a WHLer should give him a leg up.

Mantha, Girard, Gauthier, Fucale, and Drouin are all Quebecers. Can't see Sutter putting any more Frenchies than that. He invited 11 WHLers for a reason. Those are the players he likes and wants on his team.

Any player who was named to last years team is pretty much a lock. Hudon was named to last years team but couldn't attend due to injury, yes he is a lock. Do you really think Sutter cares where a player was born, him and the rest of hockey Canada's goal is to ice the best team they can and win gold. A players home town has nothing to do with that goal. I would be happy to place a friendly bet with you regarding Hudon making the team if you like.

Any player who was named to last years team is pretty much a lock. Hudon was named to last years team but couldn't attend due to injury, yes he is a lock. Do you really think Sutter cares where a player was born, him and the rest of hockey Canada's goal is to ice the best team they can and win gold. A players home town has nothing to do with that goal. I would be happy to place a friendly bet with you regarding Hudon making the team if you like.

Hudon's not a lock if they're looking to ice the best team. He'll have to compete to get that spot just like everyone else. To think Hudon's a lock because he was supposed to be on last year's team is just as biased as thinking someone will be a lock because of their hometown. If Team Canada's about doing favours for certain players, then they're not iceing the best team.

That being said, Shinkaruk has to fight for that position as well, so to say either of them has a better chance is ridiculous. It's up to them to prove their worth.

ya I mean I reeeealy wanted him to make the team but I think a little part of me knew he probably wouldn't. seems like those injuries are taking a toll. he should finally get some time to heal up when he gets back home. he doesn't need to play to impress anymore.

To be honest, I don't think Shink will make it based on GMMG's comments regarding Shink's injuries. Didn't hear the interview personally, but the summary in canucks talk made it sound as if GMMG was preemptively explaining why he's not going to make the WJ team to calm the masses when they hear he's been cut.

That is not at all what he was trying to allude to...

Archived