The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Hunter Shinkaruk | C/W

-Vintage Canuck-

Wow...that last page before this one.... How quickly people forget that Hunter Shinkaruk with a hip injury ALMOST made the Canucks. If it weren't for a certain bow hunting, 4.2 million making healthy scratch, he would have been on the team!!! That's pretty much unheard of for that low of a pick in the 1st round. Also, he almost made the world jrs. Probably would have if it weren't for his hip again.

Hunter is good. Really good! Has a great attitude as well!! I think when training camp comes in September, we will all be pleasantly surprised. Booth will be gone. Maybe even Higgins and/or Hansen. Kesler may also be gone and youth will be in full swing!!!

We need Kesler, Higgins and Hansen as mentors. Kes on top line with the Captaincy, and Higgy and Dane for 3rd line, with CH having top 6 fill-in potential. We aren't tanking for years, just this one. Get it right ;)

We need Kesler, Higgins and Hansen as mentors. Kes on top line with the Captaincy, and Higgy and Dane for 3rd line, with CH having top 6 fill-in potential. We aren't tanking for years, just this one. Get it right http://content.forum.canucks.com/public/style_emoticons/#EMO_DIR#/wink.png

The only one of them I would want as a mentor is Higgy. He works hard and gets rewarded for what he does. We don't need anybody to teach our prospects how to be mediocre. We need people to teach them how to be awesome! Isn't that why everyone but the Sedins were available for trade? Kes isn't the mentor type and he likely isn't spending his prime years teaching the young guys how to play unless we are winning!!! So...think about that!!!

The only one of them I would want as a mentor is Higgy. He works hard and gets rewarded for what he does. We don't need anybody to teach our prospects how to be mediocre. We need people to teach them how to be awesome! Isn't that why everyone but the Sedins were available for trade? Kes isn't the mentor type and he likely isn't spending his prime years teaching the young guys how to play unless we are winning!!! So...think about that!!!

Hansen can teach them the art of speaking like Kermit the Frog.

• 2 weeks later...

Little bit of press on the Hunter

http://www.calgaryherald.com/sports/Shinkaruk+following+Medicine+Tigers+continues+rehab+following+January+surgery/9683658/story.html

Shinkaruk following his Medicine Hat Tigers as he continues rehab following January hip surgery
Calgarian aiming to crack the Vancouver Canucks lineup next fall
BY KRISTEN ODLAND, CALGARY HERALD MARCH 31, 2014 11:02 PM
9683659.jpg
Vancouver Canucks prospect Hunter Shinkaruk is rehabbing in his home town of Calgary after undergoing hip surgery in January. He is following the fate of his Medicine Hat Tigers, who advanced to the second round of the Western Hockey League playoffs on Sunday by eliminating Swift Current. Photograph by: Ward Perrin , PNG

Is there any chance he could play for his WHL team this year?

Say they advance to memorial cup..?

It's 'possible' if Medicine Hat makes the memorial cup, but that would require not set backs.

Also - I doubt that M.H. is going to get through Portland, Edmonton, Calgary or Kelowna.

Go hunter

You seriously need to learn how to go to the last page without posting this.

Click on the url on your browser and instead of page 2 or whatever, change it to page 2000 or whatever. Bam. Last page. If page number isn't there, click next page and then it is.

Anything is better than annoyingly posting 'go (player)' for everytime you want an update on a prospect.

You seriously need to learn how to go to the last page without posting this.

Click on the url on your browser and instead of page 2 or whatever, change it to page 2000 or whatever. Bam. Last page. If page number isn't there, click next page and then it is.

Anything is better than annoyingly posting 'go (player)' for every time you want an update on a prospect.

If you use the mobile app this is NOT an option, although you don't have to post, as it keeps your spot on the page for the thread.

Like 3 days max. I wouldn't call it much of a setback.

It could last a week, like it did with me. It depends on how many and if they were impacted. I had four impacted wisdom teeth taken out which was the worst.

Like 3 days max. I wouldn't call it much of a setback.

You're sarcasm detector might be in need of service. B)

Having your molars taken out isn't a setback at all. I'm sure he can still rehab and all that, maybe taking a day or two off before doing at least light workouts.

Archived