The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Cole Cassels | C

JE14

Awesome; congrats Cole!

Also congrats to Kelowna and their fans. Had a hard time deciding who to cheer for?

With Leon and that D core I am impressed they could be beaten. Great effort Oshawa, knocked off teams with more than a few of the best prospects. No easy road.

he skates like a pregnant camel

hahahaha nice one, fast too

get that camel a Flames jersey

34srseb.jpg

Hunter Smith tried to block that shot with his camel toe

pretty dangerous to do while he's carrying a baby camel.

Camel from Cole!

11fd04031eac956a083dd9ee1b35180d.jpg

This is some of the funniest shat I have ever seen on CDC! :wacko:

Cassels is looking great, up against the top end talent of the tournament every other shift and coming out victorious against the next coming in Mcdavid, and MVP Draisaitl. For anyone who have doubts he will have a long career in the nhl, think again. He most likely wont reach second let alone first line on the canucks, though stranger things have happend. I see him as a strong third line candidate in 2-3 years time.

Like the way a few of our prospects are making names for themselves at a young age with great play, future is looking bright indeed.

gillis, he finally figured out drafting the last season he had the reigns.

No kidding eh? Did they renew the head of scouting, I think it's Delorme. He has been terrible all these years. It would be nice to see JB get his guys.

I think I remember seeing JB override Delorme on a pick last year.

Really? wouldn't be surprised he was great.

I would have to google it. Off the top of my head I couldn't name 1 Canuck. But then again I've been sitting in front of TV watching hockey all day. Need some fresh air.

Just checked Wiki, Smyl won it twice with the New Westminister Bruins, as Punch used to call them.

No kidding eh? Did they renew the head of scouting, I think it's Delorme. He has been terrible all these years. It would be nice to see JB get his guys.

I think I remember seeing JB override Delorme on a pick last year.

I thought it was Benning who agreed with Delorme and drafted Virtanen and Mackenzie Stewart, it was our Swedish scout who was begging for them to draft Nylander.

Congrats Cole!

I do think he'll take some time to heal up and recover. Utica already has their guys in place also so he may not even see ice time there.

Then again... You never know. He's a tough Shane O'Brien and I could see him reporting to Utica if that's what Benning wants. I know I want to see him in some more action this year!

Looks good on you Cole, I just hope the Canuck-ticons don't get a hold of you, those are the "fans" that can only complain and would like to see nothing more than the complete annihilation of all things Canuck. There must have been something they didn't like or maybe it was an awful shift probably time to trade him, I mean what has he really done for us lately. Maybe it will be that he is too good of a prospect that will not allow for complete bottoming making us lose the 1st overall pick we must get in order to win.

By the looks of the prospects this year, Cole and Utica along with Subban, If we join forces we may be able to kick some Canuck-ticon a$$.

Go Canucks Go

As many have said, Cole needs to work on his skating over the summer, he doesn't appear to have AHL jump, let alone NHL jump yet. I don't think going to Utica would help him. Let him get on a training schedule over the summer, like Hutton is doing, and like Horvat did last summer. 3 months of solid work, and hard training should make a huge difference for him. He's got good size, he's smart on the ice, skating, skating skating.

As many have said, Cole needs to work on his skating over the summer, he doesn't appear to have AHL jump, let alone NHL jump yet. I don't think going to Utica would help him. Let him get on a training schedule over the summer, like Hutton is doing, and like Horvat did last summer. 3 months of solid work, and hard training should make a huge difference for him. He's got good size, he's smart on the ice, skating, skating skating.

Yeah, his lack of foot speed stood out to me in the game last night. I hadn't seen anyone in this thread really talking about it so I'm glad you brought it up. Wasn't sure if it was just me or the fact that I simply haven't seen him play enough to know whether that's typical for him, or whether he was tired/injured. But I guess there's a reason he was a third round pick.

Hopefully the Canucks get him on the same training program as Bo had last summer to help him with his skating.

Archived