The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Cole Cassels | C

JE14

He did take a shot off the foot a few games back, so I don't think we should judge his skating until some times passed and we know there's no lingering issues. At least if it is an issue, he's got some time to rehab and work at it. Really looking forward to training camp this year, should be really interesting.

I do think I heard that he was skating on one leg from an announcer or reporter with regards to the Mem Cup

Well you think they play him? Who sits out if he plays. Mcann is waiting in the wings for how many games now.

benning did mention he could slot in. But McCann may be mad to see Cassels get a shot before him. I think its best to keep the same lineup

benning did mention he could slot in. But McCann may be mad to see Cassels get a shot before him. I think its best to keep the same lineup

It's kinda funny that the mono boys are sitting out of the prospects' fun. Again.

0773fee28970344f7262cb9976ff8ca6_normal.

John ShannonVerifiedTwitter_Icon.png@JSportsnettwitter_bird.png

Canucks have no plans to send Cole Cassels to Utica for AHL Final.Told that he is a little banged up from Generals' Playoff and MC run.

Nor should he go. He's played his heart out for a good while now. Let him rest and re-coup for the pre season. Played loads of hockey and was very successful. Spending a week and a half in Utica will hardly make a difference in my opinion. But what do I know? I'm just a nobody.

Some of you guys don't seem to get it. Nobody is suggesting that sending Cassels to Utica will magically help him develop over night. What it will do is dangle a carrot in front of the Coles nose to entice him to work that much harder. That's what it takes to win at the next level. I'm sure his father has shared a lot of wisdom and so it wont be much of a surprise for Cole, however, sometimes you take advice for granted until you see things clearly for yourself.

Just a question. If Cole can be as effective as his father. Would you consider him a successful draft pick?

If Cole becomes anything like his father, he's a freaking steal. I think Cole has higher potential though, and that's saying a lot cause Andrew was one hell of a player. To think Cole was only a third round pick. Might be the steal of the draft.

If Cole becomes anything like his father, he's a freaking steal. I think Cole has higher potential though, and that's saying a lot cause Andrew was one hell of a player. To think Cole was only a third round pick. Might be the steal of the draft.

Why did he drop so low?

Archived