The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Cole Cassels | C

JE14

Representing your country is a whole other level than playing in the Memorial Cup. It's an honor only a select group of players get to do in their careers at any level. To deny a player like that would just be selfish. Especially since his spot on the roster is replaceable right now.

Two different things. The world juniors are the best junior players in the world, not just regular junior teams that he would be playing in the OHL. So him being able to compete in the NHL has nothing to do with him playing the best players in the world in his age group.

95% of the nhlers bo is playing against are better than the juniors he would be playing against in the wjc.

Alsoif his spot is replaceable he d be sent down so save on ELC.

Anyways this is all moot. My original statement still stands that mcdavid and horvat aren't guaranteed anything in WJC.

ONLY A SITH DEALS IN ABSOLUTES DENIRO

Cassels finished the game with 4 PIM (slashing, unsportsmanlike conduct). It started well for team OHL but it all fell apart from the 2nd period onward.

Hockey Canada often seems to be pretty out to lunch when they pick teams and this year's OHL team reeks of that. Team WHL was sensible for the most part (except Greg Chase, just...why?) but the OHL team had quite a few choices that had me expecting this sort of result.

Cassels wasn't all that much noticeable. He's good with the puck and has good vision with the puck but overall I didn't see much. I hope he plays the next OHL game.

Can you say that any of the top picks on that team were that noticeable though?

It's all relative. The whole OHL team stunk it up.

Can you say that any of the top picks on that team were that noticeable though?

It's all relative. The whole OHL team stunk it up.

Very true. I was not impressed with Ritchie, he played alot smaller than he is. The only noticeable player on team OHL was Domi and maybe Bertuzzi because he was playing a bit dirty

Cassels got a 5 minute slashing penalty in the first period in the Generals' game tonight. I didn't know 5-minute slashing penalties existed...

5 minute major for slashing is reserved for when it's a vicious intentional slash.

I like that he plays with an edge, but those kind of infractions are not good. He needs to control his emotions a little better.

5 minute major for slashing is reserved for when it's a vicious intentional slash.

I like that he plays with an edge, but those kind of infractions are not good. He needs to control his emotions a little better.

Yeah, he's coming off of unleashing a pretty solid whack in the Super Series.

Archived