5 minute major for slashing is reserved for when it's a vicious intentional slash.

I like that he plays with an edge, but those kind of infractions are not good. He needs to control his emotions a little better.

Checked the boxscore again and it got reduced to a 2-minute minor.

Cassels with another 3 point night (1 goal 2 assists +1) in a 7-2 win over the Steelheads.

Bringing his totals to: 10 goals 25 assists = 35 points in 20 games 1.75 ppg.

On pace for 105 pts in 60 games all the while dominating at both ends of the ice.

This kid is the real deal

• Upvote 3

What country do you think he'll play for? He's eligible for CAN and USA, right?

Would love a last minute Canada invite, but all signs point to USA.

We could possibly have our future franchise center already...

I don't disagree. Cassels could be the sleeper pick in the '13 draft. Remember, he was playing on the third line for most of the season during his draft year.

I feel that he will need a year or two in Utica after his junior career. Nevertheless, he's our best centre prospect.

I don't disagree. Cassels could be the sleeper pick in the '13 draft. Remember, he was playing on the third line for most of the season during his draft year.

I feel that he will need a year or two in Utica after his junior career. Nevertheless, he's our best centre prospect.

Not going to say anything until he can show what he does in the NHL
  • Upvote 1

It's interesting how the in-team competition(Gaunce, Bo, McCann, & Cassels) should push the bar higher, for all. With such a scenario, 2 or 3 might bust through their expected 'ceilings'.

edit- s'pose one might add Vey to this list...

Edited by Nuxfanabroad

How much of his success can be attributed to playing alongside MDC on ES and PP??

I'm asking Oshawa fans or scouts not billy box score watcher.

• Upvote 1

now, i may not be a scout or in person fan, but you can easily glean this infor from some rudimentary scoresheet mining.

Cassels has 35 points; of those 35 points Michael Dal Colle only got a point on 13 of those goals, and he was on the ice for only 19 of them.

and of those 19 goals that MDC was on the ice for, 12 of them were on the powerplay.

Guest Dasein

It's interesting how the in-team competition(Gaunce, Bo, McCann, & Cassels) should push the bar higher, for all. With such a scenario, 2 or 3 might bust through their expected 'ceilings'.

edit- s'pose one might add Vey to this list...

Gaunce has already been moved to LW in the pro, so it's just Vey, Horvat, McCann and Cassels.

Gaunce has already been moved to LW in the pro, so it's just Vey, Horvat, McCann and Cassels.

But that doesn't rule him out returning to center down the road.

• Upvote 1

I've read that they moved him to the wing in Utica so he learns to play more physically.

First, a 3-point night on Wednesday. Now, a 4-point night!

I will be shocked if Cass isn't the OHL's Player of the Week.

Unreal season he's having, even after not being able to train most of the summer with mono. What a pick he's turning out to be!