The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Cole Cassels | C

JE14

10 games would put Cassels at December 28th, meaning he would miss the first game of the tournament.

Up to team USA if they wanna add a player that misses 1 game and hasn't played in weeks.

Well actually USA plays on the 26th and the 28th. Technically he would be re-instated after the General's game on the 28th. Meaning he could play for the Generals on the 29th. So might actually miss 2 games.

Also, he was about to leaves in a week or two anyways to join USA camps. So technically he will be 1-2 weeks without playing and then would train with team USA, so he wouldn't be that rusted. Also I think he would be allowed to plays the exhibitions games since they might not be sanctionned by IIFH (even though, actions in those game can lead to a suspension).

Joined to make a point. I by no means want to encourage this type of hit, it was reckless and truly he does need to check a little bit of it at the door when he shows up for the Canucks.

HOWEVER, this is the kind of nastiness that we don't really want him to abandon entirely. For some reason I immediately thought to Dave Bolland and the million little slashes to the ankles he would give to our guys throughout the playoffs, like it or not, they are effective. I believe this is what Cole has in spades, almost an inherent desire to win, and to do well, so much so that he tries to stretch the line of right and wrong at times.

Big deliberate nasty hits like this? No thanks. But the chippiness, and borderline dirty little feistiness? Teams that win have that kind of guy (Bolland, Marchand, Brown). The idea is that the guy that plays this on the edge can't be your best guy as to lose him to the box, but he also can't be a liability on the ice as to suck for the rest of the time he's out there. Cole seems to be that guy for us, and I for one am ecstatic we have him!

He needs to learn how to control himself. Don't want him to be like Marchand when he makes the big club. Idiotic hit.

Is he a diver? Is he a rat who suicide flips d-men for no reason?

Marchand is a one of a kind little b*tch.

Stars in the NHL make idiotic hits all the time, it's hockey so relax.

Archived