The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Cole Cassels | C

JE14

It looks like Josh Sterk is the 1st line center for the Generals.

Cole Cassels on the 2nd line for now, hopefully Laughton stays in Philadelphia.

if that's the case, cassels could take over the spot in time. i think cassels has more offense than sterk does.

He's got some grit for sure but I don't see him playing a 4th line role. If he can't make the third he'll be a career AHLer because of his vision and playmaking ability.

I doubt it, that vision and play making ability would make him a valuable 4th line centre. His tenacity and willingness to mix it up will keep him in the NHL. He doesn't have to be the toughest guy on his line. Santorelli and richardson aren't the toughest guys but they're willing to get dirty.

It's a million dollar difference on his pay check and a chance at the cup. Cassels will do everything he can to stay on that 4th line if he can't quite shut down the other teams top guys on the third.

Cole Cassels, Oshawa Generals

Cassels posted 43 points last season as a third-line centre but has started this season as one of the Generals main offensive weapons. With the return of Scott Laughton to the team, Cassels will play second-line center and also play the point on the top power-play unit. The 6-foot, 180-pounder has six points through six games already this season. Expect Cassels to be around the point-per-game mark this year.

Little write up in the Canucks news. Man did we ever have a good draft this year. Between cassels, subban and cederholm we have 3 prospects with very intriguing qualities should they make the show.

I almost see a Dave bolland type value with this kid if he pans out. Solid 3rd line centre that has that feistiness to win playoff rounds

I'm predicting a future third line of gaunce cassels Hansen. Grit, defensively reliable and a scoring touch.

I personally thought he was the best player for the 3rd line spot this year. His IQ is amazing for his age, what is the knock on him? Always head up looking for the pass, good skater.

The only 'knock' on him at this point is experience. He can really use the time he's getting this year in Oshawa's top 6 to develop his offensive game and confidence. That'll help him for future and allow him to be a better player once he makes the NHL.

Stan Smyl was on the intermission on Team 1040. He said he's very impressed with Cassels. When asked by Blake Price what prospect are you most interested in keeping an eye on. He said Cassels.

Smyl also is talking to the coaches of the teams of our prospects, and has offered any assistance in making the players better.

Sounds like a solid guy for our Player Development.

Stan Smyl was on the intermission on Team 1040. He said he's very impressed with Cassels. When asked by Blake Price what prospect are you most interested in keeping an eye on. He said Cassels.

Smyl also is talking to the coaches of the teams of our prospects, and has offered any assistance in making the players better.

Sounds like a solid guy for our Player Development.

Not surprised to hear Steamer said that. Cassels is his kind of player. Plays like he did in many situations.

Certainly hope that Smyl does a job. Vancouver's development as left a lot to be desired when you look at other orgs. The depth is getting better but it no where near good enough.

Archived