The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Cole Cassels | C

JE14

24 minutes ago, canuckledraggin said:

Wrong again muppet. His awareness and positioning will make up for his lack of foot speed. 

Oh God that made me giggle like a little girl.  Thanks! :lol:

i sure hope you are right.  I'm not a Granlund fan, and would love to see Cole succeed in that spot with Gaunce on his wing.  

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Oh God that made me giggle like a little girl.  Thanks! :lol:

i sure hope you are right.  I'm not a Granlund fan, and would love to see Cole succeed in that spot with Gaunce on his wing.  

TeeHeeHee! Squeal like a pig! Weeeeee! Weeeeee!

Saying your not a fan of Granlund is like saying your not a fan of something you've never seen before. We need to see what happens with him this year and they'll likely give him a long leash considering what happened with Baertschi last year.

Cole needs to work his way through the ranks and will likely take 2 more years to prove himself. With the contracts that we have at present...  https://www.capfriendly.com/teams/canucks The time for the next wave of prospects to break into the lineup, barring trades, is 2 years from now. 

7 hours ago, Horvats_Big_Head said:

He has the lowest ceiling out of all of our prospects. 

hmmm...i guess you're not counting the dozens of our prospects that will struggle to make the AHL?

if you're only including our dozen or so prospects that could become legitimate NHL'ers, that could be true. His dad said a couple of years back that he would probably be a 3rd or 4th line centreman. I thought he was pulling some reverse-homerism, but now I think that's probably accurate.

The thing with Cole though is that I think he's very likely to hit his ceiling, whereas lots of other guys' ceilings are projected as higher but have a lower percentage chance of actually hitting that...cause my crystal ball...

15 hours ago, The 5th Line said:

Of course he did, but you and many others make it sound like Cassels is Hakeem Olajuwon of the ice rink

Read my original post!  I said the skillset and footspeed was there at one point not long ago when he had one of the tougher assignments.  If he can come out of injuries and improve at a decent pace he should be fine to defend well in the NHL.  Why overstate what I wrote just to suggest otherwise?!!

Archived