The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Cole Cassels | C

JE14

I like this pick. The kinda player that may have untapped potential playing behind their stars. Going to be an interesting year following prospects like Cassels and Subban.

I like where gillis went in this draft. Instead of going for late bloomers and college guys he took chances on CHL guys that may have untapped potential. If Cassels shines now that he moved up oshawas depth chart, we just got another draft steal. If Subban sprouts up a couple inches, there's another one.

I think Jenner is a lock to be in the AHL, Laughton may move on since he showed well with the Flyers last season. So Cassels should be a lock for at least the 2C spot, if not the 1C. Hopefully he can take that opportunity and run with it.

Here's my highlight video for Cassels:

I think Jenner is a lock to be in the AHL, Laughton may move on since he showed well with the Flyers last season. So Cassels should be a lock for at least the 2C spot, if not the 1C. Hopefully he can take that opportunity and run with it.

Here's my highlight video for Cassels:

Looking at that, it does look like he has a skillset in both passing and shooting that might shine with more opportunity. He certainly has the speed and all around game where his defence will be pretty high level for Oshawa, and we'll see if we snuck a good pick in as he develops.

Good pick. I think he's gonna be a stud in junior this year. Really smart player good positioning, and patience. I can see him being a stud 3c in the NHL if he can put on a little size and keep his faceoff and speed improving.

He's got more game than I thought. Showed some pretty good skills in that video and we haven't even see his agitating he's known for yet.

I take my hat off to gillis and the scouts for this draft. Solid picks through 5 rounds.

Horvat is a beauty

Shinkaruk is a steal with star potential

Cassels looks solid with a bigger role may show untapped potential

Subban is a Subban, better stats than morrisey, if he 'tanev' sprouts up he's the steal of the draft

Cederholm is a physical freak of nature that destroys medicine balls

If Lu comes back and kills it, gillis is a boss

He's got more game than I thought. Showed some pretty good skills in that video and we haven't even see his agitating he's known for yet.

I take my hat off to gillis and the scouts for this draft. Solid picks through 5 rounds.

Horvat is a beauty

Shinkaruk is a steal with star potential

Cassels looks solid with a bigger role may show untapped potential

Subban is a Subban, better stats than morrisey, if he 'tanev' sprouts up he's the steal of the draft

Cederholm is a physical freak of nature that destroys medicine balls

If Lu comes back and kills it, gillis is a boss

and it appears cederholm will be in portland next season, which will be awesome. just thought if management decides to sign kyle hope, how cool it would be to see a line of hope-cassels-mallet. the forecheck of that line would be relentless.

and it appears cederholm will be in portland next season, which will be awesome. just thought if management decides to sign kyle hope, how cool it would be to see a line of hope-cassels-mallet. the forecheck of that line would be relentless.

Blomstrand Cassels Mallet

Blomstrand Cassels Mallet

that would be good too. Hope is interesting though. i don't think blomstrand has as much tenacity as him, or the agitating side. Blomstrand is probably the better hockey player though.

What struck me with Cassels was his demeanor. He just seems to be so level headed, busniess like approach and confidence. I haven't see him play so I have no idea about his skill level but suspect with the departure of the top end players from his junior team he will get the chance to show what he has. This next season in junior is going to give every one a good read on his abilities

Tyson Giuriato is tweeting that Cassels is the biggest surprise from the new crop of players. His Hockey IQ is amazing and he's an all around solid player.

He mentioned him and Hutton both were the most exciting under the radar prospects. Good to hear, and Cassels might have been an underrated signing if that's the case.

He mentioned Hutton a few times as well, even to the point of saying he really impressed in the same tweet as Shinkaruk, Horvat and Jensen. Obviously the big names got a lot of attention (those already mentioned as well as Gaunce and Corrado) but to see Cassels and Hutton getting unsolicited mentions is very encouraging.

He mentioned him and Hutton both were the most exciting under the radar prospects. Good to hear, and Cassels might have been an underrated signing if that's the case.

He mentioned Hutton a few times as well, even to the point of saying he really impressed in the same tweet as Shinkaruk, Horvat and Jensen. Obviously the big names got a lot of attention (those already mentioned as well as Gaunce and Corrado) but to see Cassels and Hutton getting unsolicited mentions is very encouraging.

Good to hear!

Those video clips and the reports are encouraging. I keep getting happier and happier the more I see about our recent picks!

Yup, Hutton's a player to watch. I saw a couple of his games online last season and he surprisingly reminded me of Edler the way he manned the point. He positioned himself similar to how Edler does, ready to use his shot and focusing on staying in position ahead of physicality, yet still throwing some huge checks.

Archived