The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Anton Cederholm | D

IIlIlIIllIlIIIlIl

The hawks dropped their "other" import from last year, vorobev so the spot is open yet the press release from the team only said "possible addition" so far. I'd expect him to report though, one of the best CHL teams of the past few years, and the team just lost 3 of their top 4 defenders. Could make a good partner with Pouliot on the top pairing possibly

Yeah hopefully management encourages him to come over and play.

5th round

defenceman

Gradin pick

= future stud :bigblush:

Anyway I think management having the scoop on Portland drafting him is why they picked him and he sounds similar to Andersson with a more physical element to his game

I remember when Schroeder had the chance to play for the Silvertips and turned it down to play another year in college. In hindsight that was probably not the best move for his development. He could have benefited by playing in the faster more skilled WHL and gotten his confidence up.

I hope Cederholm doesn't pass on this chance. The WHL is really a great league for development. It's the closest thing to what the NHL is like out of any of the three CHL leagues IMO.

If he goes to Portland and gets some good NA coaching and experience under his belt, it would help his development in a huge way. just going up against other top WHL D prospects on a regular basis will give him some more drive to get to the next level. Could be a steal in the 5th. I know Portland is losing at least one big D man...

Is Gardin living in Vcr now ? I know he split the sheets with his first wife and married the Canucks travel agent. I've seen him occassionally at the Giants games. If I'm not mistaken Lindgren is the scout in EU now.

did anyone watch his interview with joey kenward thats on the main page? really sounds like he will be playing in portland next year. kenward flat out said "you were drafted by portland, are you exctied to move away from home and play in the WHL?" (not word for word, but that was the gist) too which he responded positively and he's excited for the opportunity. I'll wait til its official to get excited but that would be a great route for him to take.

did anyone watch his interview with joey kenward thats on the main page? really sounds like he will be playing in portland next year. kenward flat out said "you were drafted by portland, are you exctied to move away from home and play in the WHL?" (not word for word, but that was the gist) too which he responded positively and he's excited for the opportunity. I'll wait til its official to get excited but that would be a great route for him to take.

Just saw the vid and got the same impression. I'll be excited to see him on the winterhawks

Archived