The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Anton Cederholm | D

IIlIlIIllIlIIIlIl

• 1 month later...

I hope we keep him another year in portland. There isnt much room in utica and he could use a year to really work on some offensive skills. i DID notice a huge difference in his confidence with the puck this year, but i think one more year could really do wonders.

If he stays in portland, Ill come back around and give you guys little updates. Im a season ticket holder so i should be able to get a pretty good sample size.

Go winterhawks!

I hope we keep him another year in portland. There isnt much room in utica and he could use a year to really work on some offensive skills. i DID notice a huge difference in his confidence with the puck this year, but i think one more year could really do wonders.

If he stays in portland, Ill come back around and give you guys little updates. Im a season ticket holder so i should be able to get a pretty good sample size.

Go winterhawks!

They took two guys in the import draft though. can't carry 3 :(

I'll miss Anton, looks like Jones may be his replacement as he said he likes to play physical.

Also, fun fact, Anton got engaged about a month ago to a girl from here

Do you think he's not ready to go pro yet, or just figure he's better-off doing another year in junior?

Hey Oregon. With talk of NHL expansion, is there any news that Portland might want to weigh in on an NHL club?

Paul Allen has been pretty tight lipped about this. I doubt he would let the team play in the moda center if he didnt own it and hes not as interested in an expansion team as he is in a relocation. Anything is possible though, i cant pretend to understand rich investors and their whims. haha.

They took two guys in the import draft though. can't carry 3 :(

I'll miss Anton, looks like Jones may be his replacement as he said he likes to play physical.

Also, fun fact, Anton got engaged about a month ago to a girl from here

They did take two, but i didnt think that really meant anything. When we got the rights to anton, we had two already and we waived one to bring his butt here. Im not really clear on the rules here, but im pretty sure we could trade one or waive one somehow... Also, i did know he had a girlfriend here, but i didnt know they had gotten engaged. Thats pretty cool.

Do you think he's not ready to go pro yet, or just figure he's better-off doing another year in junior?

I think hes reliable enough defensively to play in the AHL. Im just not sure if hes offensive enough for Travis Green... though they did have a year together in JRs, so im sure Travis has an idea about Anton's Capabilities.

I just watched the grouse grind vid and it looks like Anton has put on even a few more pounds! sheesh this kid is beefy!

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Some guys need a run in the ECHL just to play enough minutes to get their game going again and/or adjust to the pros. It's not just a league to season your 4th-string goalie. Lots of good-to-decent current NHL skaters have played there, including:

Alex Burrows
Brandon Dubinsky
David Desharnais
Mike Hoffman
Dwight King
Mark Letestu
Antoine Roussel
Luke Glendening
Daniel Winnik
Vernon Fiddler
Jay Beagle
P.A. Parenteau
Cody McLeod
Kyle Clifford
Mark Stuart
Ryan Garbutt
Jordan Nolan
Deryk Engelland
Mark Arcobello
Jordie Benn
Michael Ferland

• 2 months later...

Always liked this pick, and seeing the same potential -- solid bottom-pairing guy, who plays physical, willing to drop 'em, and is decently mobile.  6'2/210 and not yet 21.  Sounds like he's coming along so far, hopefully makes the Comets next season.

Cederholm had two very consistent and st rong games over the weekend and threw several great hits – one of which sent the glass shaking next to me for some time. Cederholm was showing some good speed this weekend – faster than I’ve seen with him the rest of the season. Cederholm was on the 1st PK unit and 2nd PP unit over the weekend. Cederholm has a rocket of a slap shot.

Cederholm appears to get the most ice time of all Kzoo defensemen...

Cederholm again impressed me with some of his smart plays over the weekend. My favourite moment being Cederholm jumping up at the blue line to keep the puck on-side (it hit him square in the chest) and once the puck dropped to the ice he made a great pass to a winger to get a shot on goal. Just wish I got a picture of it…

http://canucksarmy.com/2015/12/8/a-kzoo-look-december-5th

6 hours ago, Hutton Wink said:

Always liked this pick, and seeing the same potential -- solid bottom-pairing guy, who plays physical, willing to drop 'em, and is decently mobile.  6'2/210 and not yet 21.  Sounds like he's coming along so far, hopefully makes the Comets next season.

http://canucksarmy.com/2015/12/8/a-kzoo-look-december-5th

hope that cederholm continues to develop :) 

we need all the help we can get with regards to our prospect developments. 

On 03/11/2015 at 10:47 AM, J.R. said:

Yeah I figure he's still got a good, physical 3rd pairing/spare, NHL D in him. Just likely take a few years to get there.

That's my hope, I don't see much more ceiling in it for him. If he can speed up his release on his shot and work on any foot speed issues then he's got the other physical tools to be a solid defensive guy who might contribute a bit.

Archived