The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Anton Cederholm | D

IIlIlIIllIlIIIlIl

• 1 month later...

The player he has been compared to time and time again, Douglas Murray, didn't end up sticking with the Sharks full time until he was 27. I feel like that's a pretty similiar outcome we should be hoping for.

Still gives him 4 or 5 years development time.

1 hour ago, DeNiro said:

The player he has been compared to time and time again, Douglas Murray, didn't end up sticking with the Sharks full time until he was 27. I feel like that's a pretty similiar outcome we should be hoping for.

Still gives him 4 or 5 years development time.

WADR to Cederholm I'd rather not have a Doug Murray on my team. 

1 hour ago, Sean Monahan said:

WADR to Cederholm I'd rather not have a Doug Murray on my team. 

I dunno for a 5th round pick that's struggling to stick in the AHL, that's probably the best case scenario. Gotta be realistic with these picks.

As long as he improves his skating better than Murray did he wouldn't be a bad 6th/7th guy. He brings the size and toughness they need.

2 hours ago, DeNiro said:

I dunno for a 5th round pick that's struggling to stick in the AHL, that's probably the best case scenario. Gotta be realistic with these picks.

As long as he improves his skating better than Murray did he wouldn't be a bad 6th/7th guy. He brings the size and toughness they need.

It would be great to get an NHL player out of the fifth round. The Canucks are familiar with that. I'm just saying that in today's NHL, Douglas Murray doesn't have a place. He's just too slow. If cederholm was a better skater than him I'd be happy to see him provide some physicality to the team in a depth role.

• -Vintage Canuck- changed the title to Anton Cederholm | D
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
1 hour ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

So Cederholm has 19 games with the K-wings, 7 points, but +18? Is the issue his foot speed and nothing else?

Because in Utica, it's 0 points, and -8 in 12 games. 

Any Utica fans give us any insights? 

I would say it is a combination of slow foot speed and slow decision making with the puck that is holding Cederholm back.  The biggest difference between the ECHL, the AHL and then finally the NHL is the ability to make quick decisions with the puck and process how many options are available to you.  Seeing that when Holm was called up this week they brought in another ECHL defenseman on a PTO instead of calling Cederholm up tells me the Canucks are done with Anton and he will be off the books after this season.

It’s a shame Cederholm doesn’t quite do hockey as well as his does life. From everything I’ve learned about him, on and off the ice, he really seems like one of the good guys. Would love to see him succeed as a Canuck but it looks the cap on his abilities is probably a level or two below the NHL. I’ll continue to root for him and hope that he has a successful pro career, whether it’s with this organization or another, in North America or in Europe.

2 hours ago, UticaHockey said:

I would say it is a combination of slow foot speed and slow decision making with the puck that is holding Cederholm back.  The biggest difference between the ECHL, the AHL and then finally the NHL is the ability to make quick decisions with the puck and process how many options are available to you.  Seeing that when Holm was called up this week they brought in another ECHL defenseman on a PTO instead of calling Cederholm up tells me the Canucks are done with Anton and he will be off the books after this season.

When Cedarholm was with the Portland Winterhawks he limited his movement in the d-zone which seemed to work for him. Totally agree with your comment on reaction time which he had trouble with. 

5 hours ago, UticaHockey said:

Thanks UH!

Archived