The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Anton Cederholm | D

IIlIlIIllIlIIIlIl

Holy crap this kids a beast. Can he hit? Any videos?

Wouldn't that be beauty if he pulls a Frankie Corrado and explodes onto the scene this year haha. Another 5th round steal and gillis is back on top lol.

Lots of tweets about our prospects from @TysonGiuriato yesterday, here's a bit about Cederholm:

Michael Cinco ‏@MikeCincoSays

@TysonGiuriato what are Cedarholm's hockey smarts like? The physical package seems to be there.

Tyson Giuriato ‏@TysonGiuriato

@MikeCincoSays Good defensively. Says he wants to improve his foot speed. But very defensive minded, confident player.

Told me he is working and improving on his foot speed every day. One heck of a hard worker.

Jacob Hall ‏@Jake_Hall

@TysonGiuriato talk about Cederholm

Tyson Giuriato ‏@TysonGiuriato

@Jake_Hall A physical freak of nature. Big, strong defensive defenseman that loves to hit. Looking forward to seeing him in the WHL.

Guest Dasein

Very excited about this player.

Big tough physical defenseman that will make it hard for the other team every night to play against us.

Exactly what we need. You can never have enough of these guys.

Hell of a draft pick. He was blessed in the strength department. He's got more brute strength as an 18 yr old than anyone in this draft. Possibly the last few drafts. That kinda beef is rare in an 18yr old. Watching him pound that medicine ball is something else, man.

If this kid improves his foot speed, he will be a staple in our top 4 for a long time. If he's as hard of a worker as he says, this is going to be one of gillis best picks.

Hell of a draft pick. He was blessed in the strength department. He's got more brute strength as an 18 yr old than anyone in this draft. Possibly the last few drafts. That kinda beef is rare in an 18yr old. Watching him pound that medicine ball is something else, man.

If this kid improves his foot speed, he will be a staple in our top 4 for a long time. If he's as hard of a worker as he says, this is going to be one of gillis best picks.

He is impressively big and strong for his age, but how would he have faired in the combine testing? He was a later pick so I assume he didn't go but big and strong only helps if it's useful and can be applied on the ice.

I do agree he could be one of our better depth picks (since he doesn't really project as a top 4 D) though, and it'll be nice to be able to catch more of his progress from the WHL.

He is impressively big and strong for his age, but how would he have faired in the combine testing? He was a later pick so I assume he didn't go but big and strong only helps if it's useful and can be applied on the ice.

I do agree he could be one of our better depth picks (since he doesn't really project as a top 4 D) though, and it'll be nice to be able to catch more of his progress from the WHL.

For sure but that kinda power is something few others have. I live in pg and used to watch chara in junior. He sucked lol walked around constantly and could barely skate backwards. Thing he had goin for him was he could seriously hurt people barely even trying. Now he's the best defenseman in the league.

For sure but that kinda power is something few others have. I live in pg and used to watch chara in junior. He sucked lol walked around constantly and could barely skate backwards. Thing he had goin for him was he could seriously hurt people barely even trying. Now he's the best defenseman in the league.

Oh, I agree he's further ahead on the skill side of things than Chara was at that age, but we'll have to see how he can translate to the NHL game.

Like Edler, Cederholme is going to have the advantage of playing his junior years in the Dub. And under a pretty good coach, a winning team well runorganization. We'll know very shortly if he has waht's needed and I dare say a lot of fans will be watching him when Portland visits the Giants. Apartfrom that the kids built like a brick ********** I wonder who scouted him and how many Vcr scouts looked at him

I remember when Schroeder had the chance to play for the Silvertips and turned it down to play another year in college. In hindsight that was probably not the best move for his development. He could have benefited by playing in the faster more skilled WHL and gotten his confidence up.

I hope Cederholm doesn't pass on this chance. The WHL is really a great league for development. It's the closest thing to what the NHL is like out of any of the three CHL leagues IMO.

Totally disagree. NCAA Div 1 is faster and more skilled IMO. NCAA players tend to come from Jr A/USHL and are older not to mention usually smaller than Major Junior guys but faster and more skilled. The highest end major junior guys have more speed and skill but as a whole... NCAA = more skill/speed. The Dub is much tougher and the players are bigger. I agree with you that going to the Dub would have helped him in the sense he would have adjusted faster to the physicality of the NHL.

Like Edler, Cederholme is going to have the advantage of playing his junior years in the Dub. And under a pretty good coach, a winning team well runorganization. We'll know very shortly if he has waht's needed and I dare say a lot of fans will be watching him when Portland visits the Giants. Apartfrom that the kids built like a brick ********** I wonder who scouted him and how many Vcr scouts looked at him

Gradin definitely was the main part in getting him. He's an excellent scout for Swedes.

He scouted the Sedins and Edler (Who the Redwings also scouted so that tells you something).

He also was the guy who scouted and decided to pick Andersson but we'll wait and see how that turns out.

Very lucky to have him in the organization.

Gradin definitely was the main part in getting him. He's an excellent scout for Swedes.

He scouted the Sedins and Edler (Who the Redwings also scouted so that tells you something).

He also was the guy who scouted and decided to pick Andersson but we'll wait and see how that turns out.

Very lucky to have him in the organization.

Gradin is not just the European scout. He's Associate Head Scout and is married to a local lady and I see him often at the Giants games. I know Lindgren was the guy that scouted and brought in Lack for instance.

Archived