The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Anton Cederholm | D

IIlIlIIllIlIIIlIl

He's obviously strong which makes me curious about his shot. I would think his shot would be incredibly hard given how physically developed he is at 18. Could definitely see him as a Garrison type player who has an absolute laser of a shot.

Garrison's advantage isn't only his hard shot but also his quick release. As mentioned on the first page, Cederholm is said to have a hard shot but his release isn't very quick. That says nothing of his accuracy either, so he'll be nowhere near a Garrison type player in the NHL that contributes at a high level at both ends of the ice. His defensive play and physicality is the only thing I'd consider to have potential to be top end.

Guest Dasein

this kid's gonna destroy the WHL physically...

It's gonna be brutal how he crushes opponents...

Looking forward to it. Very VERY excited to see how he plays on NA ice.

Watched him play a couple of times could be a top 4 D

Can you give a scouting report on him? I'll be in portland this year so I'll be watching the winterhawks as often as possible, excited that a canucks pick is on the team

• 3 weeks later...

I don't know how they "arrange" these things but getting Cederholme into a class organisation like the Winterhawks with a coach like Mike Johnson is pretty good Plus fans will get to watch him when they visit

I don't think there were any behind the scenes dealings with Cederholm given Portland's recent punishment for that with American players, as well as Cederholm being a low profile guy, not a "name".

Portland needed defense after losing Jones, Wotherspoon, Rutkowski and possible Pouliot.

Well first of all there's a International draft for the entire CHL, secondly Portland did release other Int. players to pick up Cederholme :rolleyes:

They released some scrub russian defender who couldn't stick in the dub. I'm sure portland talked to Anton and his club before the draft, but I'm not sure if you're insinuating anything

• 2 weeks later...

Former coach calls him very similar to Edler:

"Vancouver knew exactly what they were doing when they drafted him. Cederholm is a copy of Alexander Edler. Now he gets to do two seasons in a really good WHL teams. He will remain there for two years, signs with Vancouver and makes one a half years in the AHL then I think he gets the chance. they have a very specific plan for him. "

Source.

Archived