The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Anton Cederholm | D

IIlIlIIllIlIIIlIl

He could also be Marc-Andre Gragnani part II.

Marc-Andre Gragnani is 6'2" 206 pounds age 26 and you're comparing him to Jordan Subban who is 5'9" and not even 200 pounds.

Sure its the MAG project all over again. *yeah right...*

Subban will be better look for a future pairing of Cederholm and Subban.

Marc-Andre Gragnani is 6'2" 206 pounds age 26 and you're comparing him to Jordan Subban who is 5'9" and not even 200 pounds.

Sure its the MAG project all over again. *yeah right...*

Subban will be better look for a future pairing of Cederholm and Subban.

I mean in terms of style of play. MAG has size and can't make it in the NHL due to being a defensive liability, if Subban can't improve his defensive game, do you expect him to make it at his size?

A Cederholm and Subban pairing is an interesting idea though. Both have skillsets that compliment the others nicely.

haha yeah, Portland really gave it to PG tonight. Hopefully some video of his goal pops up later on.

should be a better game against seattle tomorrow. I think they'll show a highlight film on the website or something, but it may be too short to show every goal lol

1g 1a in 2 games. I thought he was supposed to be the definition of a stay at home defenseman. I know its early but if can find an offensive game he could be an absolute steal.

lol its very early, especially when they've scored 12 goals in 2 games I believe. Pouliot is also still at Pit's camp, which will possibly take away from his offensive time if he is returned to Portland

lax, do you know what line he's been working on? still getting PP time?

I've only been able to check score sheets so far since games aren't televised yet, and the streaming costs money. From what I can tell the pairing that starts the game is usually Haar-Mcpherson. So that leaves Cederholm with Texiera, Viverios and Hanson as potential partners. Looking through their 3 regular season games, and I'm trying to match plus/minus toegther, which isn't perfect but could give a sense of who is on the ice together I see Hanson with Texeira, which makes sense as Hanson is a vet and Texiera is an up and coming rookie (2015 eligible). So that leaves Cederholm with Viveiros.

Neither Anton or Vivieros are particularly offensive minded so I see them as a shut down pairing, and given that Cederholm seems to score when he's with De leo or Scheonborn, I think they are played with an offensive minded forward group to cover for them.

This is mostly speculation from boxscores and limited highlights, but the best I can make of it so far. Derek Pouliot also isn't back from Pens' camp, so if he returns there will be a shuffle

So Anton's still ppg in the Dub with 1 goal and 3 assists in 4 games and a +2 rating.

Pretty solid start to the year for a Defense first Dman.

He's benefited from a couple of blowouts, 9-2 on opening night and 10-4 tonight. It'd be hard for him to not hit the scoresheet. :P Portland's got a real dynamic team again this year, should be good for him to participate in a long playoff run.

He's benefited from a couple of blowouts, 9-2 on opening night and 10-4 tonight. It'd be hard for him to not hit the scoresheet. :P Portland's got a real dynamic team again this year, should be good for him to participate in a long playoff run.

Hit the nail on the head

Archived