The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Anton Cederholm | D

IIlIlIIllIlIIIlIl

Canucks' 5th round choice Anton Cederholm

A big, fearless stay-at-home defenseman. Limited in terms of offensive upside and puck skills, but usually plays a simple and smart game. Not the fastest of skater, but decent mobility. Has the tools to become a reliable depth defenseman logging big minutes on the penalty kill. (EP, 2013)

70kuon.jpg

A big, fearless stay-at-home defenseman. Limited in terms of offensive upside and puck skills, but usually plays a simple and smart game. Not the fastest of skater, but decent mobility. Has the tools to become a reliable depth defenseman logging big minutes on the penalty kill.

http://www.elitepros...hp?player=38743

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mobile Swedish dee-man who has an excellent size/skill ratio and good feet. Sound in alll phases and upside to progress into a big contributor.

--Bill Placzek--

http://www.draftsite...ederholm/18907/

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anton Cederholm, RD, 6"2, 205lbs, Rogle J20, SuperElit

In a lot of ways Cederholm reminds me of Niklas Grossmann. Cederholm is a big defenseman who can skate well, can deliver punishing hits, when needed, and is excellent in his own zone. A typical stay at home defenseman. He's consistently played above his age group and will likely be playing in the Allsvenskan next season with Rogle. His offensive potential is limited to his ability to get the puck out of the zone to his forwards but he does this underrated skill pretty well. He will need a few years but he could provide a relible stay at home defender. I can see him sneaking into the late second round or possibly falling all the way to the fifth or sixth rounds. It all depends on whether a team really likes him or not.

http://www.defending...scouting-report

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ISS Scouting Report: “A big, strong and mobile defenseman, Cederholm is already very mature for his age; something served him well in his 12 games in the Eliteserien this year, where he never looked out of place. He is strong around his own net and shows well in battle situations. Cederholm is at his best below his own goal line as he manages to deny lanes well and can really contain pressure to the outside. He is very good at clearing pucks and pushing them up ice to teammates. He can be a bit jumpy with the puck offensively and tend to rush or force plays.”

Anton Cederholm: A fast-rising 18-year-old defenseman, Cederholm played at three different level (J18, J20 and Elitserien) this year in the Rögle organization. Very good size and possesses a combination of above-average skating and a willingness to engage in physical play around the net. He is said to possess a heavy shot but lacks a quick release.

2012-13 stats_arrow.gif Rögle J18 stats_arrow.gif J18 Elit 2 0 0 0 2 3 | stats_arrow.gif Rögle J18 stats_arrow.gif J18 Allsvenskan 6 0 1 1 8 5 | stats_arrow.gif Playoffs 3 0 1 1 6 -4 stats_arrow.gif Rögle J20 stats_arrow.gif SuperElit 36 5 8 13 64 27 | stats_arrow.gif Playoffs 2 0 0 0 0 -2 stats_arrow.gif Rögle stats_arrow.gif SHL 12 0 0 0 6 -1 | stats_arrow.gif Sweden U18 (all) stats_arrow.gif International-Jr 9 1 2 3 6 6 |

It goes by GP G A TP PIM +/-.

He played most of his games in Rogle J20 and his plus minus was good, he is 6'2 and 207 pounds. Thinking he plays like a Hal Gill or Cory Sarich.

I hope he comes over would be sweet to watch him play giants the giants

Only thing stopping is that portland had 2 imports last year, bjorkstrand and defender Kirill Vorobev. Given vorobev's lack of production, they may have released him to get cederholm

He's not going to light it up if he ever makes the NHL from the sounds of it, but he could be a tough 3rd pairing guy, maybe even with a bit of upside to fill in as a top 4 D.

i remember when chara came over to prince george he could barely skate backwards. My buddies that played minor hockey got to practice with him a few times and they said he was the easiest guy they ever skated around lol I watched him play for the cougars and all he was good at was one punching people.

so i guess you just never know haha

I like this pick, I think he has the pedigree to be a better prospect than you would expect to get in the 5th round.

And Hopefully he comes over to play for the Winterhawks, that would be even better.

The hawks dropped their "other" import from last year, vorobev so the spot is open yet the press release from the team only said "possible addition" so far. I'd expect him to report though, one of the best CHL teams of the past few years, and the team just lost 3 of their top 4 defenders. Could make a good partner with Pouliot on the top pairing possibly

Archived