The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Anton Cederholm | D

IIlIlIIllIlIIIlIl

did anyone watch his interview with joey kenward thats on the main page? really sounds like he will be playing in portland next year. kenward flat out said "you were drafted by portland, are you exctied to move away from home and play in the WHL?" (not word for word, but that was the gist) too which he responded positively and he's excited for the opportunity. I'll wait til its official to get excited but that would be a great route for him to take.

Yeah saw that too.

I'm really happy with this pick, and its great he decided to come over and play for Portland, that should only be a positive and it will be great to be able to go and watch him when they come to Vancouver.

Really happy with this pick, strong kid, can skate, hard nosed. I like it.

Kid is jacked, he absolutely destroyed a medicine ball today at prospects camp. There's a YouTube clip of it

Kid's a BEAST! great pick by the Nucks!

Jebus the kid's huge!

Sounds like a bigger, meaner left handed Tanev.

I like!

did anyone watch his interview with joey kenward thats on the main page? really sounds like he will be playing in portland next year. kenward flat out said "you were drafted by portland, are you exctied to move away from home and play in the WHL?" (not word for word, but that was the gist) too which he responded positively and he's excited for the opportunity. I'll wait til its official to get excited but that would be a great route for him to take.

I think Portland is expecting him to come - they waived Vorobyev to make room for Cederholm.

Jebus the kid's huge!

Sounds like a bigger, meaner left handed Tanev.

I like!

So really nothing like Tanev, unless you count their heights and the fact that both play defence. He's more of a physical defender who does have decent hockey sense where Tanev relies on positioning and calm decision making. Cederhom might even be more threatening offensively at this point in their careers since he has a heavier shot than Tanev.

So really nothing like Tanev, unless you count their heights and the fact that both play defence. He's more of a physical defender who does have decent hockey sense where Tanev relies on positioning and calm decision making. Cederhom might even be more threatening offensively at this point in their careers since he has a heavier shot than Tanev.

The hockey sense and lack of offense was what I was referring to. So like I said, a bigger, meaner Tanev.

Hard not to get excited about this draft. This is our 5th round selection, and it looks like he has a pretty good shot at being a bottom pairing defenseman. Possibly better. Can't ask much more out of a pick of that range.

Plus him (possibly) coming over to Portland would be great for his development. Allowing him to adjust to NA hockey before he steps into the pro level.

that's only because the draft only happens once a year, and we can't draft at any other time during the year.

I may be missing something, or you just may be joking around.

But I'm pretty sure he didn't mean the time we could draft, just the overall drafting of players.

I may be missing something, or you just may be joking around.

But I'm pretty sure he didn't mean the time we could draft, just the overall drafting of players.

In case it wasn't quite as obvious as I thought it was...

i dunno about more offense, tanev had 10 goals, 28 points in his 1 season with RIT. where as cederholm's most noteable stat would be his +27 with the J20 team he spent most of his season with.

i dunno about more offense, tanev had 10 goals, 28 points in his 1 season with RIT. where as cederholm's most noteable stat would be his +27 with the J20 team he spent most of his season with.

My point there was Tanev's shot is pretty weak for the NHL, where Cederholm at least has some strength behind his. Cederholm's outlet pass is rated pretty decently as well. Tanev could yet find a way to be more useful offensively and make him the clear winner, but at this point Cederholm might score more just by virtue of blasting bombs from the point if they had similar ice time. Overall though, I don't really see them as similar.

My point there was Tanev's shot is pretty weak for the NHL, where Cederholm at least has some strength behind his. Cederholm's outlet pass is rated pretty decently as well. Tanev could yet find a way to be more useful offensively and make him the clear winner, but at this point Cederholm might score more just by virtue of blasting bombs from the point if they had similar ice time. Overall though, I don't really see them as similar.

ahh i see now. thought you meant comparing where they are/were at the age of 18. And i agree, don't see many similarities. Cederholm's strength will make for heavier point shots, but tanevs wrister is pretty nice, loved when he sneaks down and gets a nice one off above the dot.

of course, they both probably aren't going to light it up. but i think tanev's offense would be best used jumping up on the rush or setting up his partner on the point. I'd like to see him jump up more, definitely something he could develope in time. and like you said, if anton can get some shots on net, he'll be able to score just by virtue of strength.

Cannot wait to see Cederholm over the next few years. we don't have really anyone like him.

Archived