The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Fan Poll on the Schneider trade.

Patrick Kane

351 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'm curious to see on what the general opinion of the Canuck fan base is.

I've seen scattered comments throughout the boards. Some love the acquisition of Bo Horvat. Some are loathing losing last years starting goalie.

Let's see what the poll says.

My take? Once again the Canucks get hemmed into making a decision that they MAY regret, but salvage by acquiring a nice POTENTIAL piece for the future.

It all starts from handing Luongo a insane contract, making him unmovable. Perhaps a earlier transaction of Luongo or Schneider would of net a better return.

To break it down:

- No one wants Luongo

- Acquillini won't buyout Luongo

- Waiving him would be impractical.

Thus trading Schneider was the only choice.

I really dislike how people are ASSUMING Horvat is going to be a stud. Alot of players are taken in the first round that never make it. Not saying he will or won't but point is there is alot of risk folks, yet many are ignoring that.

we took a 26th overall in Schneider, developed him into a stud and then trade him for a 'maybe'

not good asset management

give up a stud, fill a hole with another young stud (but established) that's where MG failed.

I think Luongo is going to realize he's just playing a game for millions of dollars, he's going to have a lot more fun now that some young kid isn't going to make him 2nd guess his livilihood.

Torts is going to devise a system Luongo can be a part of too.

Roberto Luongo is going to become even better, and Horvat is going to be perfect for us.

Posted · Hidden by Patrick Kane, July 1, 2013 - No reason given
Hidden by Patrick Kane, July 1, 2013 - No reason given

Going to delete my comments in this thread?

As I said earlier, the comment you deleted. Just incase you missed it, I'll repost it.

7. If you are a fan of a rival NHL team, you will not attempt to antagonize Canucks fans.

This is a Canucks site and Canucks fans have a right to a place where they can discuss the team amongst themselves in peace. Biased viewpoints should be expected, so if you must respond, please do so in a respectful manner. In the same manner, Canucks fans shall not antogonize fans of other teams. Personal attacks against fans of other teams are not acceptable.

I really dislike how people are ASSUMING Horvat is going to be a stud. Alot of players are taken in the first round that never make it. Not saying he will or won't but point is there is alot of risk folks, yet many are ignoring that.

we took a 26th overall in Schneider, developed him into a stud and then trade him for a 'maybe'

not good asset management

give up a stud, fill a hole with another young stud (but established) that's where MG failed.

Archived