The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Fan Poll on the Schneider trade.

Patrick Kane

351 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Undecided.

Could Gillis have got more? Sure. I would have taken a very good prospect as well, or a solid roster player along with the 9th. Of course if Horvat turns into a star for us, is anyone really going to care about what else we could have got? Probably not.

Oh Horvat, I hope you turn out well because this is a ugly god damn trade in Canucks history if you don't..

Undecided.

Could Gillis have got more? Sure. I would have taken a very good prospect as well, or a solid roster player along with the 9th. Of course if Horvat turns into a star for us, is anyone really going to care about what else we could have got? Probably not.

Oh Horvat, I hope you turn out well because this is a ugly god damn trade in Canucks history if you don't..

smell yes do you smell it is that time of a day where yes once again a player is drafty and a player is a trade what a wild time is has been yes a schiend is a good goalie yes some say a frachis goalie hey hey my my what a do you know a bo ho has been a draft and a canuck have a once again more prospect fairwells to the schienderguy hello hellos bo hart

i really hate all those idiots that are saying blah blah blah Luongo's and the management fault for having this ridiculous contract.. they made him unmoveable etc etc etc..

no.. it's the NHL that made the contract unmoveable with the new CBA.. with the cap recapture rule after he retires.. there's plenty of teams out there that can afford the contract or even the cap hit as 5.3 isn't bad.. they just don't want to take on the contract because of the penalty against their cap once he retires before the end of his contract..

reason why he wasn't move last year before the new CBA?? isn't it obvious? GM are waiting to see what the new CBA is like before they make their move.. and they were smart.. the new CBA targetted these types of contract.. which is stupid to begin with.. how the hell do u retroactively penalize a team on a contract they signed under the old rules? if you had a job with certain benefits would you be ok if a new management comes in and everything just changed and nothing u can do about it??

i don't understand it at all.. why did NJ get penalized their 1st round pick for circumvening the cap back then when under the new rules they are going to get raped with the recapture rule.. NJ got double screwed lol.

Schneider was/is ready to be a full time starter. He could've played 65 games or so and Lou would just sit on the bench. Ya cant tell me Lou wouldn't waived his NTC then. Gillis could've got something for Lou but Lou only had Florida in his sights. I can't imagine Lou is happy even now.

I've been a Lu backer from day 1and I totally feel bad for Cory with the way it ended with all the Bs both him and Lu have been given by this management team .Memo to Gillis you've turned our beloved team into a days of our lives crap show...please just resign already!!!

If Horvat turns out to be a Patrice Bergeron like player, which some scouts said he can be, then I'll be happy with the trade. Right now I'm undecided. I think we could have gotten more for Schneider though.

Man if Gillis could have gotten another prospect from the Devils our future would be looking awesome. We had an outstanding draft yesterday. Best one in years.

I voted YES because, seriously, were there any other creditable options, given the fact that we still don't really know how good CS was.

Wait till he gets to NJ, it will be interesting.

We just traded what, in my mind, is a vezina-type goaltender (the most important piece you can possibly have on your team) for a good prospect. Not even an elite prospect, just a good one. Obviously a trade had to be made but the return was extremely low. Somewhere in private, Lou Lamoriello is dancing a jig right now.

Archived