The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Miles Liberati | D

IIlIlIIllIlIIIlIl

From what I've heard he didn't play much (minutes wise) because of London ridiculously deep backend so it's hard to get a read on him but London has produced some good defenseman lately. So even though he's a 7th rounder I'm excited to see him grow. May see him play a bigger role next year with some guys going to AHL or he may be traded.

I really like this pick. It's remarkably savvy. He was stuck behind a REALLY good group of defensemen on the Knights team but when he got the chance he stepped in and played quite well. I was always curious why they didn't give him more games just because of how well he did while he played. His numbers aren't spectacular but you also have to bear in mind that he dressed in several games as a forward, essentially being an insurance seventh defender. Some of those games he saw extremely limited ice time. Next year he'll play a much bigger role and I think we'll see that we got good value from our seventh round pick.

Late pick so you never know if you get a steal. As has been said he didn't get a lot of time in London last year but should have a bigger role next year and we'll see if he can pick it up to be a player who can play in the pros.

Dear Gillis and the Scouting Staff,

Would it kill you to draft a WHL'er or BCHL'er?

Why are you so obsessed with that? Just because they're from BC that doesn't mean they're going to be inherently better players. Most of our draft was Canadian this year and people still find stupid reasons to whine about.

• 1 month later...

If anyone is interested, the Knights had their first preseason game of the year tonight and Miles was given top pairing minutes along with both power play and penalty killing responsibilities. He looked really poised and extremely confident with the puck, often electing to carry it all the way into the offensive zone (though that isn't historically a Hunter way of doing things...). It's vital for him to have a good preseason because even with the graduation of Harrington, he is still a bubble defenseman on a stacked Knights back end. Here's to hoping he sticks.

If anyone is interested, the Knights had their first preseason game of the year tonight and Miles was given top pairing minutes along with both power play and penalty killing responsibilities. He looked really poised and extremely confident with the puck, often electing to carry it all the way into the offensive zone (though that isn't historically a Hunter way of doing things...). It's vital for him to have a good preseason because even with the graduation of Harrington, he is still a bubble defenseman on a stacked Knights back end. Here's to hoping he sticks.

Thanks for the update

Archived