The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks turn an embarrassment of riches in net into a flat-out embarrassment - Jason Botchford

"I don't know what his intentions are, or his mindset right now, but having worked with him for three years now, I just know he's a great goalie." Schneids

Actually,Corey talked to Luo multiple times today so Corey knew what his mindset is or was.

Botchford is the biggest dickwad on the planet...what a tool...if it had gone the way of losing LU,,he would have some slimey comment...this guy is a total a??hole.....I am so glad his ass was turfed from 1040,,,now take Sekeres with you.

Yeah this guy certainly seems to have a hidden agenda. "It's an absolute circus Aquillini flew down to mend fences with a player! Unprecedented!"

Or... he flew down to tell Luongo that they made a mistake and apologized and wanted to move forward. But sure, let's call it a "circus" to drum up negative sentiments. Pfft.

What part of one of the goalies needed to be traded does he not understand?

If we had traded Luongo for nothing or bought him out he would be writing an article complaining about that.

At least we got a valuable asset back. And last time I checked Lu is still a world class goaltender.

Having Lack and Eriksson (two of the best goalies in the AHL and SEL respectively), isn't too sshaby either.

Man, if Botchford and Macintyre are against it then it must have been all right. I think this was a terrific draft day, much better than I expected, solid, solid job by Gillis. Just like the Tortorella hiring, if these stupid hacks are opposed to it then it must be good, it's like on Seinfeld when George was doing the opposite of what he would normally do. Just do whatever pisses off the press, you're doing good. Remember, everyone loved the Roy deal.

for those of us who pay attention to detail...

after luongo's goalie coach was fired, roberto's game went south. i don't recall ever seeing him flopping forward into a face plant trying to make a save, in fact they took away his athleticsm and his freedom to move on the puck as he saw fit.

sometime when i tune in late to a game and not knowing who the starter is and see and deep end zone angle towards the canucks net ( without seeing the number ) i can't tell the difference between the two of them, coaching is far too clinical and unfitting, tim thomas and domeic hasek would have never survived our goalie coach.

Not surprising that Botch and Iain Mac are writing these types of articles.

The Province and The Vancouver Sun are part of a larger network of newspapers in Canada. The stories these guys write are sometimes picked-up by the other papers and end up reaching a national readership (either online or in print). What's more popular these days among Canadian sports readers than hating the Canucks and laughing at our supposed ineptitude?

When these writers put out articles like these, they end up not only in the Sun and Province but also the Montreal Gazette and the National Post (and several others).

They probably get paid more money when they write stuff they know will not only play here (at least to the pessimistic and self-hating portion of the fanbase) but will also play to the national audience who can't get enough negative press regarding the Vancouver Canucks.

It's just good business to write this crap and Botch is nothing if not a shameless opportunist and a pathological attention-seeker

Sorry but he's right - Gillis had the 2 best goalies in the league and gets an 18 year old, unproven kid out of either of them. In terms of roster players, on a team that needs as many as they can get to be successful NOW before their window closes, we basically just lost a starting goalie for no one.

If we had traded Luongo for nothing or bought him out he would be writing an article complaining about that.

At least we got a valuable asset back. And last time I checked Lu is still a world class goaltender.

Having Lack and Eriksson (two of the best goalies in the AHL and SEL respectively), isn't too sshaby either.

I wonder if half the people commenting even read the article. This entire situation is an embarrassment...so much so that many of you have been calling for MGs head. But when Botchford says it...oh he's crossed the line, what an idiot etc etc!!

:rolleyes:

Well let's see... that world class goalie was tossed into a backup role and shopped around the league for a year. Some might consider that a slap in his world class face. Then it's about face, we can't move you so we'll just keep you as our second choice. Some might consider that a second slap in his world class face. I wouldn't blame him at all if he simply demanded to be traded still.

Like the blind squirrel that finds an occasional acorn, Botchford got this one right.

Archived