The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks turn an embarrassment of riches in net into a flat-out embarrassment - Jason Botchford

I don't agree. Luongo wasn't tossed into a back up role. He at the time was outplayed by Schneider. Yes he wanted to leave but it doesn't mean we take any shoddy offer which we could of last season. It has to be right for the team first. I'm a Luongo fan but he has to be professional about this and realise that Vancouver are the ones paying his wages.

Yes, the situation was handles about as terrible as it could have been. Gillis should have just moved a goalie long before they had the chance to be 1A and 1B as it always creates locker room tension. That being said somebody needed to move by draft day. Zero cap space and 7 roster spots to be filled. I think we had a great draft this year, best I can think of in recent memory and I for one cant wait to see what Lou will bring next year. He will be looking to stick it to all the teams who wouldn't give up a 2nd for him, not to mention VanCity turning their back on him. I wouldn't doubt a career year given the fact that Tort will have all 12 FW blocking shots and eliminating any 2nd chances, might not be a high flying affair but has the potential for great goaltending stats.

I know Torts talked about how he wants to build positive relationships with the media here. I believe that he will work extremely hard to do so considering he is a very smart man and realizes he doesn't want to be recognized as that media sour lunatic coach. I respect our head coach for wanting to better himself. But I think it will be one hell of a straight up hill challenge. The Canucks have the worst media people by leaps and bounds. Every single thing that ever happens around the team is blown up by the same few people as the biggest doom and gloom decision possible. It's unreal how much hate they show towards the team on a day to day basis. I personally would love to see Torts rip into these people and call them out for the true scum bags that they are. I cannot believe that people put up with these so called "analysts/reporters". Hearing that the sky is falling on a day to day basis is starting to really get annoying. How about a little positivity in life every now and then. Is that too much to ask from these people?

Sorry but he's right - Gillis had the 2 best goalies in the league and gets an 18 year old, unproven kid out of either of them. In terms of roster players, on a team that needs as many as they can get to be successful NOW before their window closes, we basically just lost a starting goalie for no one.

You can't win without developing your own young talent. So yea I do.

Just look at Boston and Chicago. Tons of young talent that they developed in their own system. That's what it takes to build a championship team.

What part of one of the goalies needed to be traded does he not understand?

If we had traded Luongo for nothing or bought him out he would be writing an article complaining about that.

At least we got a valuable asset back. And last time I checked Lu is still a world class goaltender.

Having Lack and Eriksson (two of the best goalies in the AHL and SEL respectively), isn't too sshaby either.

Sorry but he's right - Gillis had the 2 best goalies in the league and gets an 18 year old, unproven kid out of either of them. In terms of roster players, on a team that needs as many as they can get to be successful NOW before their window closes, we basically just lost a starting goalie for no one.

I know Torts talked about how he wants to build positive relationships with the media here. I believe that he will work extremely hard to do so considering he is a very smart man and realizes he doesn't want to be recognized as that media sour lunatic coach. I respect our head coach for wanting to better himself. But I think it will be one hell of a straight up hill challenge. The Canucks have the worst media people by leaps and bounds. Every single thing that ever happens around the team is blown up by the same few people as the biggest doom and gloom decision possible. It's unreal how much hate they show towards the team on a day to day basis. I personally would love to see Torts rip into these people and call them out for the true scum bags that they are. I cannot believe that people put up with these so called "analysts/reporters". Hearing that the sky is falling on a day to day basis is starting to really get annoying. How about a little positivity in life every now and then. Is that too much to ask from these people?

Archived