The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Clarkson going to Free Agency

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=426757

Looks like David Clarkson is going to free agency to be yet another sizeable fish in what is shaping up to be an interesting market.

Apparently a deal could not be done last night in regards to signing him to an extension, which rather irks me as we don't even know if Gillis asked for his signing rights.

Even if he did Lou Lamerillo probably would have said no in trying to sign what is probably the top tier power forward in this years free agency crop without suffering from concussion issues.

And......debate

If we get the cap space...

Sedin - Sedin - Clarkson

Kassian - Kesler - Briere

Higgins - Horvat - Burrows

Lapierre - Gaunce - Hansen

Hamhuis - Bieksa

Edler - Garrison

Tanev - Corrado

Luongo

Lack

Do it up Gillis

Rumours are he wants to go to Toronto but after paying to qualify all of those youngsters they're going to be short on cash which is fueling the Phanuef rumours.

Odds are he's getting north of $4.75 million

If we get the cap space...

Sedin - Sedin - Clarkson

Kassian - Kesler - Briere

Higgins - Horvat - Burrows

Lapierre - Gaunce - Hansen

Hamhuis - Bieksa

Edler - Garrison

Tanev - Corrado

Luongo

Lack

Do it up Gillis

I'd rather get Clowe, bigger, tougher, grittier and leadership qualities. He will be a lot cheaper than Clarkson because of his 2 goals last year, but I think he will have a huge bounce back year.

If we could get Clowe at around what he made last year, that would be great.

Clarkson is one of the best available UFA's. Tough as nails, can score and works very hard. I doubt the Canucks are in the market for a center anymore with Gaunce and Schroeder competing for the third line spot and also drafting Horvat. The Canucks number one need is a scoring winger.

I'd rather get Clowe, bigger, tougher, grittier and leadership qualities. He will be a lot cheaper than Clarkson because of his 2 goals last year, but I think he will have a huge bounce back year.

If we could get Clowe at around what he made last year, that would be great.

Archived