The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Organized Fan Revolt against GMMG

ceeslak

I know I am not alone on this one. When are we going to not only say 'enough is enough' but act on these feelings. When is the media finally going to start the driving force?

I for one do not want this guy making hockey decisions in our city any longer. His prior positive contributions don't matter any longer. As far as im concerned, he has displayed complete incompetence in the handling of Luongo and the contract, and even larger incompetence exchanging our franchise goalie for a draft pick (no 9?!)

Most 16 year old kids could have made the assumption that Luongo's contract was immovable 6 months ago, what was he thinking??

Im cheering for the team and Tortorella, but please we need a new GM.

idiotic thread,

two things here,

Luongo isn't the only active player in the league with a long term contract, aka Kovalchuk, Hossa, Zetterberg.

Also Luongo's contract were signed prior to the NHL re-writing the rules of these longterm contracts. I don't really blame MG for not predicting that this rule would be in place 2-3 years prior to the new CBA.

It sucks for sure, and in the beginning we should've put Schneider in the trade bucket a while ago, but for all of this Luongo part I have no grudges.

Archived