The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Organized Fan Revolt against GMMG

ceeslak

What the hell did you want him to do? Pay $30M to say good bye to Lu. Easy when its not your money eh? How many trades did Lu turn down with his NTC????

I like the trade. We still have a good goalie and now have a blue chip centremen. Horvat would have been a top 5 pick in a year that wasn't so stacked. Carolina almost did pick him at 5.

When Lu signed the contract their was no issue in the CBA. MG and the Canucks got F'ed by Bettman.

Canuck fans are brutal. 2 years ago the fans wanted a 2nd round pick for Schneider. Gillis kept him, developed him, and got a top 10 pick in the best draft year in over a decade.

Get a life and go cheer for the Devils. There a reason this fanbase is considered one of the worst, way to show it.

Not to worry,I guarantee this organised revolt will lose all momentum and be diverted once and for all time when the Torts unleashes his inner ninja upon the hockey faithful in Vancouver and indeed,throughout the province of B.C..

I know I am not alone on this one. When are we going to not only say 'enough is enough' but act on these feelings. When is the media finally going to start the driving force?

I for one do not want this guy making hockey decisions in our city any longer. His prior positive contributions don't matter any longer. As far as im concerned, he has displayed complete incompetence in the handling of Luongo and the contract, and even larger incompetence exchanging our franchise goalie for a draft pick (no 9?!)

Most 16 year old kids could have made the assumption that Luongo's contract was immovable 6 months ago, what was he thinking??

Im cheering for the team and Tortorella, but please we need a new GM.

Our media deserve attitude. Half of them are condescending idiots.

Aside from the Ballard trade, Gillis has been good. And if your forget the playoffs that year, the Canucks defense was the reason they lost. They needed a dman and the pro scouts said Ballard was a great pick up. Blame Gillis? I like the Ehrhoff, Cody, Higgins, Lappy trades.

He let Ehrhoff walk, because he wanted way to much $$$. He should have resigned Torres.

How about the FA's he brought? Garrison, Hamhuis, Sundin, Torres, Tanev, Ericsson, Lack, Rome.

How about all the players that took massive paycuts. No credit???

Is he perfect? No. But he is very intelligent and has done a lot of things right and is the type of person that learns from mistakes.

I'm sorry sampy but if you honestly support this epic defeat then you are living in a world of ecstasy

drafted, developed, groomed a player for 7 years who eventually dethroned the greatest professional athlete in the history and future of the universe.

signed him and anointed him #1

told the world, no, insisted to the world we are trading Luongo for some teams entire farm system

tried for 14 months, nobody wanted him for free.

Then out of complete panic and confusion he trades our home grown #1 entering his prime for 9th overall.

Who don't get me wrong is an excellent pick but in reality 3-5 years away from a game changing top 6.

He may replace Kesler at the end of his contract if he exceeds expectations.

We now have subtracted from what we had last year, if I would have said sampy, gillis is going to trade CS for 9th overall, you and everyone here would have laughed till you cried.

Stop forcing yourself to believe he did a good thing at the draft.

Because he was defeated, in epic, dramatic fashion in front of 1000s of people and the entire hockey world.

His word means nothing.

No one respects this man

Archived