The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] 2013 summer and next years lineup

First off I believe there was talk of Edler and maybe Burrows being moved during the draft; but for reasons unknown to any of us this did not happen and now we are stuck with there NTC. That being said it does not mean either of them could not be moved this summer; but unlikely hence Ballard on waivers and will be bought out in the coming days.

We have the following RFA's to sign

Jordan Schroeder

Chris Tanev

Yann Sauve

Dale Weise

We have the following UFA' to sign

Max Lapierre

Steve Pinizzotto

With the money we save buying out Ballard we will have just enough to keep these players along with calling up lack to backup Luongo. This is how it all breaks down for me anyways.

My Custom Lineup

FORWARDS

Daniel Sedin ($6.100m) / Henrik Sedin ($6.100m) / Alexandre Burrows ($4.500m)

David Booth ($4.250m) / Ryan Kesler ($5.000m) / Jannik Hansen ($1.350m)

Chris Higgins ($2.500m) / Jordan Schroeder ($0.900m) / Zack Kassian ($0.870m)

Tom Sestito ($0.750m) / Maxim Lapierre ($1.500m) / Dale Weise ($0.700m)

DEFENSEMEN

Alexander Edler ($5.000m) / Kevin Bieksa ($4.600m)

Jason Garrison ($4.600m) / Dan Hamhuis ($4.500m)

Chris Tanev ($1.500m) / Frank Corrado ($0.599m)

Yann Sauve ($0.900m)

GOALTENDERS

Roberto Luongo ($5.333m)

Eddie Lack ($0.750m)

OTHER

Buyout: Keith Ballard ($0.000m)

------

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)

(these totals are compiled with the bonus cushion)

SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $63,002,778; BONUSES: $0

CAP SPACE (22-man roster): $1,297,222

AS you can see I left one roster spot open for Gaunce and Jensen to fight over as both of there salaries would keep us cap compliant.

Also juggling can be down throughout the roster this is just the way it came up on capgeek.

I also think before the season starts MG should have new contracts for the Sedins around 6.5m/yr over 5 yrs , Hansen at 2m/yr over 4yrs and Kassian at 1.75m/yr over 3yrs. As for the signings of our R/UFA's they should all be 3yr terms.

This would show commitment on MG's part to this core and have us lined up real good for the following year when the cap rises again

$6.5 for the twins?

That's insane especially when even they said they'd like to leave the league with a few good years left to play for the Swedish league and retire there.

I'd not sign them for a dollar more than $5.5 as their production is already noticeably decreasing and as they're team first humble guys they'd probably be ok with that.

But at $6.5 we can't afford them

I think the Twins take huge paycuts to play for the Canucks in the chance to win a cup. I just have a hunch... maybe both of them for 3 mil each, that would give us a lot of leverage and with the cap going up we could take one more shot before the "rebuilding" stage begins. I think 2014-15 will be the year the Nucks win the cup if they do.

Archived