The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Hodgson Extensions talks started

uh...

he outscores all the forwards on our team..

a lot of good the lack of goals from our 4, 5 and 6 million forwards did for us eh??

The hate based on nothing for this kid is ridiculous

I think the respect Gillis showed his two star goaltenders through the last year up to this weekend shows how much we can believe gillis and the way he paints things after he makes an unpopular move.

Yes based on nothing. Sorry I won't kiss the ass of some punk who wants to take the easy road to top minutes. He only outscored our forwards due to playing in the East where it is easier to score and on a team that played him top 6 minutes which he whined his way into because he wouldn't be able to pass Sedin or Kesler on our depth chart. Hodgson's defence is also lacklustre which being a centre and having the heightened defensive responsibility is a gamble. Sure he scores but he's on the ice for a lot of goals against too.

And you know this how???? The one person who says all the negativity is the same guy who cant seem to talk his own head out of his a$$. After the way Gillis and our genius team doctors misassessed his back problems then tried throwing him under the bus in the process. Would you blame Cody for wanting out?

Oh yes, cuz Henrik and Daniel had far less ice time than Hodgson, that's why Hodgson scored more. And Buffalo is a much weaker team than the Canucks so opponents can focus their energy on shutting down top players more easily.

i like how when he was on the team.. everyone loves him bashing the coach for putting him in bad situation blah blah blah.. as soon as we traded him he's overrated he only plays for himself.. he sux.. blah blah blah.. what does Cody's dad action have anything to do with Cody? it's his fault his dad is an ass?

Easily, he would have won the Calder had we kept him, playing 4-5 minutes less than any other rookie with comparable points on a 3rd line role.

Where the others were all playing top line minutes with PP time.

He will indeed get north of $4.5 million because he really is a good player no matter what we think of him. My gripe is the return, Gillis could have should have pried a pick as well.

You're dead wrong about that.

I've done these comparisons before - Hodgson was playing the same amount of minutes as some of the Calder candidates of the last two years - something that only made the ice-time controversy all the more ridiculous, given the fact very few teams have a one-two punch like Henrik and Kesler.

Hodgson was getting over 13 minutes a game, including 2 minutes on the powerplay.

Gallagher got 11.43 minutes 5 on 5 this past season and 2.5 pp this past season in Montreal - and finished second in Calder voting.

Galchenyuk got 11.05 minutes 5 on 5 and 1.00 on the pp.

Guys like Huberdeau and Landeskog have gotten a few more 5 on 5 minutes a game than Hodgson was, but then again, they were playing are far inferior teams, and they aren't as challenged in a two way sense as Hodgson was.

Henrique for example had a postive corsi on and relative corsi, getting only 47.4% offensive zone starts and facing a considerably stronger quality of competition than Hodgson.

Gabriel Landeskog, likewise, had a +9.8 relative corsi, +6.3 corsi on, faced very strong competition (+1.7 as opposed to Hodgson's -.2), and did that with 48% offensive zone starts - very strong underlying numbers.

Hodgson had more tailored minutes - weaker competition and ozone starts, had very strong linemates in Higgins and Hansen, and yet his -6.8 relative corsi put him in the range of shutdown defensive zone start players like Rome and Pahlsson.

The truth is that he wasn't good enough to command more minutes, particularly soft and absent in his own zone play.

In any event, his agent and Tony Gallagher sparked one of the silliest NHL controversies in recent memory - and the irony was that AV was using him precisely to his strengths and sheltering him from his poor defensive development.

Yes based on nothing. Sorry I won't kiss the ass of some punk who wants to take the easy road to top minutes. He only outscored our forwards due to playing in the East where it is easier to score and on a team that played him top 6 minutes which he whined his way into because he wouldn't be able to pass Sedin or Kesler on our depth chart. Hodgson's defence is also lacklustre which being a centre and having the heightened defensive responsibility is a gamble. Sure he scores but he's on the ice for a lot of goals against too.

uh...

he outscores all the forwards on our team..

a lot of good the lack of goals from our 4, 5 and 6 million forwards did for us eh??

The hate based on nothing for this kid is ridiculous

I think the respect Gillis showed his two star goaltenders through the last year up to this weekend shows how much we can believe gillis and the way he paints things after he makes an unpopular move.

Archived