The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Canucks interested in Matt Cooke

What was missing from the team this year was that grittiness and hitting that Matt Cooke brings. Everything we lost when Raffi Torres left would be re-acquired by signing Matt Cooke.

I'd love to see him in a Canucks uniform again. It would bring more hate to the team, and I love that.

He's a 35 pointer with an extra playoff gear who is never afraid to get physical and get well into the dirty areas.

The lowest cap hit I can see with him is 1.65 and that's only because the demand for players is going to be lower than usual this summer due to cap constraints.

Like I said earlier, I'd love to see Cooke as a Canuck, but I also see him as being too good for the 4th line and Higgins is a lock to be in the top-9.

He's good but he is an older player too, I think this is a year he may regress a bit, if he is interested in coming to Vancouver as a 4th line guy at slightly north of 1 Million somewhere then I would be on board otherwise its not a big deal to go on without him.

I see where it says Matt Cooke would be interested in coming back to Vancouver....where exactly does it say the Canucks are interested in Matt Cooke?

Worst idea possible for a team that already has a bad reputation with the officials...hope this does not happen.

I see where it says Matt Cooke would be interested in coming back to Vancouver....where exactly does it say the Canucks are interested in Matt Cooke?

Worst idea possible for a team that already has a bad reputation with the officials...hope this does not happen.

Cooke is far from a liability. He hits like a truck, grinds, kills penalties, and even scores fairly regularly.

His 0.34 points-per-game in the playoffs is far better than Hansen (.24), Lapierre (.19), or Malhotra (.06)...even better than Raymond and Kesler (.33 each). Add in the hits and intangibles, and he's a very valuable player.

For one thing our fourth line is a joke. The Cooker would be an upgrade over any player we have available there.

I cringe when I see people penciling in Weise and Sestito. If we have both of those guys in the lineup at once, we're in trouble.

Archived