The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Luongo still undecided on returning to Vancouver, exploring options

If Luongo wants to be in consideration for Team Canada in Sochi...then he needs to play and play good.

He still wants to be #1 goalie but maybe not in Vancouver anymore. I don't know how he can give his very best every night to an organization that treated him so badly the last 2 years.

Enough with the conspiracy crap it's time to face the truth - Roberto feels (rightfully) pissed off about severe mistreatment and poor management. He has been NOTHING BUT CLASS this entire time only to have Gillis continue to defecate all over him. They are not trying to "devalue our goalies" or "make the situation seem worse". Roberto Luongo is simply unhappy with the thought of playing here again. The man has been mentally detached from us for over a year.

With how we treated him I wouldn't be surprised if he chose somewhere elsewhere. It'd be worse to keep him here if he didn't pull a 100%. He's been classy the entire situation so I'll 100% respect his decision.

If Luongo wants to be in consideration for Team Canada in Sochi...then he needs to play and play good.

He still wants to be #1 goalie but maybe not in Vancouver anymore. I don't know how he can give his very best every night to an organization that treated him so badly the last 2 years.

With how we treated him I wouldn't be surprised if he chose somewhere elsewhere. It'd be worse to keep him here if he didn't pull a 100%. He's been classy the entire situation so I'll 100% respect his decision.

No player would accept to play after that.

He's shown far far more class than Roy did in Montreal... hopefully he'll change his mind. If not then I respect his decision.

100% classless organization

First we ran Bure out of town

Now luongo? Aquilini and MG get on your knees u pathetic excuses for human beings.

Enough with the conspiracy crap it's time to face the truth - Roberto feels (rightfully) pissed off about severe mistreatment and poor management. He has been NOTHING BUT CLASS this entire time only to have Gillis continue to defecate all over him. They are not trying to "devalue our goalies" or "make the situation seem worse". Roberto Luongo is simply unhappy with the thought of playing here again. The man has been mentally detached from us for over a year.

what are you taking about how he was treated management was shopping him their allowed to do that people need to get over the whole luongo's ego and feelings crap is such bs at the end of the day the nhl is a business nothing more and nothing less there's no room for feelings or ego's

If true, cry me a river. "Oh boo hoo, I get paid an enormous amount of money to play a game. Can't believe the organization that is paying me bucket loads of money had another asset that was playing better then me and wanted to go with him."

Suck it up, be a grown man, and play a game.

Except that ppl like you forget that every business MUST consider the human element. There is room for feelings. The Canucks are getting a nice warm glass of feeling from Lu right now. I wouldn't report if I was him. That it show up and pull a hammy on day one.

Archived