The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Sabres struggling to re-sign Hodgson, fielding offers for him

Keep in mind Power Forwards generally take a couple more years to develop. Yes Hodgson for Kassian is a win in Buffalo's favour in respects to point production however, Kassian filled the need for size our team had. Trades especially hockey trades need to be looked at from all angles to judge. Sure, player A has more points but player B brings another element the team previously needed. That is what a lot of fans fail to recognize.

If this guy is trying to force a trade out of buffalo & is expecting a 3 - 4 million payday then maybe its not such a bad thing to have moved him on. He has good offensive instincts and he was sorely missed last year but sometimes players like this are more trouble than they are worth.

Saying all that who knows what happened here and how this will play out, surely he has to be aware that pulling a stunt like this doesn't look good to the rest of the league (only so many chances you will get). One place that I thought would be really good for Cody was Nashville since they are defensively orientated that would help cover up his area of weakness and allow him to still be solid defensively, however, I have no idea what they could offer Buffalo via trade and if they would want a player like that

If this guy is trying to force a trade out of buffalo & is expecting a 3 - 4 million payday then maybe its not such a bad thing to have moved him on. He has good offensive instincts and he was sorely missed last year but sometimes players like this are more trouble than they are worth.

Saying all that who knows what happened here and how this will play out, surely he has to be aware that pulling a stunt like this doesn't look good to the rest of the league (only so many chances you will get). One place that I thought would be really good for Cody was Nashville since they are defensively orientated that would help cover up his area of weakness and allow him to still be solid defensively, however, I have no idea what they could offer Buffalo via trade and if they would want a player like that

• 2 weeks later...

From HF re: Sabres media take on possible rift with Coho, and more accurately, Ritch Winter, who was Hasek's agent:

Paul Hamilton from WGR had a poor opinion of Hodgson's agent Rich Winter and stated he wouldn't be surprised if the Sabres had trouble reaching an agreement with him. Winter was also Hasek's agent. He didnt indicate any inside knowledge of the current negotiation, just his opinion on the agent and what could transpire.

20:12 mark:

http://audio.wgr550.com/a/77678847/7-6-sports-talk-saturday-hr-2.htm?q=Hamilton

I have no clue why people think all players should be kind, caring, open and honest people who were all raised on a farm from the early 50's and say their prayers and take their vitamins and play for the love of the game.

Pull your heads out of your collective rears. I personally don't give a crap if they are terrible people who only play for their pay, as long as they do their job. Hodgson cones as advertised. He is offensively gifted and puts up points. Who cares if he is self entitled? He is getting paid a lot of money to do something that he has spent a lot of his childhood getting good at, and it could all end in his next game. Smart person to get his bank account topped up.

I would rather have a dick like Hodgson who scores and passes than a nice guy like Higgins who plays in spurts. Funny thing about fans is they only care who the person is when the team is losing. Win the cup and Avery is a great team guy all of a sudden.

I have no clue why people think all players should be kind, caring, open and honest people who were all raised on a farm from the early 50's and say their prayers and take their vitamins and play for the love of the game.

Pull your heads out of your collective rears. I personally don't give a crap if they are terrible people who only play for their pay, as long as they do their job. Hodgson cones as advertised. He is offensively gifted and puts up points. Who cares if he is self entitled? He is getting paid a lot of money to do something that he has spent a lot of his childhood getting good at, and it could all end in his next game. Smart person to get his bank account topped up.

I would rather have a dick like Hodgson who scores and passes than a nice guy like Higgins who plays in spurts. Funny thing about fans is they only care who the person is when the team is losing. Win the cup and Avery is a great team guy all of a sudden.

Archived