The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Canucks Sign Santorelli

Visp

I like the pickups so far by Gillis,they all have potential to do more than the value.

The fact this guy played with Booth and played well with him is enough for me to give him a shot.

Should be a interesting training camp.

I wish people would just stop putting Kassian on the first line, he won't be there for long. Ya, I know, he did OK there for a few games, but we've seen this before, there was a platoon of players who did well with the twins for a few games when Nonis was here.

The fourth line is where there was the greatest need to upgrade, and that is what Gillis is doing.

I would have loved to see a veteran two way 3rd line center who is a dynamo in the faceoff circle, but Boyd Gordon commanded 3yrs and 9 million - and that just didn't make sense with Gaunce, Schroeder, and Horvat in the system.

A pair of speedy depth centers, one of whom can step up onto the third line if Schroeder or Gaunce don't command that position, is a perfectly reasonable choice of acquisitions - and both of these guys have upside.

This franchise has a lot of significant players already - and some quality prospects - what it needs are a few players like it just added. I'd love to see another depth defenseman like Blum signed, and another depth center who can win faceoffs (perhaps Halpern or Steckel) to add to the mix, and will consider the free agency efforts a job well done.

I think Gillis has made some smart moves during FA so far.

Santorelli, Weber, and Richardson have all been cheap but good signings. Santorelli will probably be the 13th forward on most nights but I think both him and Richardson or good signings as they can move up and down our lineup quite easily. There were better options out there but the Canucks couldn't afford those.

starting to get excited about next season and watching how the Canucks will do, hopefully there is not that big of a set back, if any at all.

I'm sure I won't be the only one who wants to see

Sedin Sedin Kassian

Burrows Kesler (Schroeder/Shinkaruk/Jensen)

Booth Santorelli Higgins

Richardson (Lain/Gaunce/Horvat) Hansen

With Hansen on 4th line, I feel more comfortable surrounding 1 rookie with Richardson and Hansen as oppose to Hansen on second line and surround Richardson with 2 rookies

Plus that third line, we can just call it the Panther line xD

I'm sure I won't be the only one who wants to see

Sedin Sedin Kassian

Burrows Kesler (Schroeder/Shinkaruk/Jensen)

Booth Santorelli Higgins

Richardson (Lain/Gaunce/Horvat) Hansen

With Hansen on 4th line, I feel more comfortable surrounding 1 rookie with Richardson and Hansen as oppose to Hansen on second line and surround Richardson with 2 rookies

Plus that third line, we can just call it the Panther line xD

Archived